Law School Discussion

Previous takers: Give us your top 5 pieces of advice...

Previous takers: Give us your top 5 pieces of advice...
« on: June 07, 2007, 04:36:01 PM »
...on taking the LSAT this Monday.  What to do this weekend or the morning of, what to do while taking the test, what to do afterwards, whatever!  I'm sure you have a couple things that helped you (or hurt you and we should be warned against).

Re: Previous takers: Give us your top 5 pieces of advice...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 04:59:21 PM »
...on taking the LSAT this Monday.  What to do this weekend or the morning of, what to do while taking the test, what to do afterwards, whatever!  I'm sure you have a couple things that helped you (or hurt you and we should be warned against).

Relax

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 05:34:08 PM »
1. Take it easy from now until monday - no heavy drinking, no unnecessary walking around in the cold, no making out with someone who has a cold
2. Get your *&^% together the day before - pencils, water, cough drops, whatever you need
3. Wake up early. If you are groggy for the first 2 hours every morning, get up 3 hours before the test
4. Pace yourself. Don't try to read faster than you normally do.
5. After the test, have any emails with "LSAC" in them forward as text messages to your phone and don't come on LSD until you get your score

good luck.

I 2nd everything Cal said (except maybe 3, I like to sleep in as late as possible and you're gonna be waiting around at the test center for at least an hour anyway).

Instead:
3. Take an ipod, soduko book, or whatever you need to distract you with you to the test center.  You're gonna be waiting a long time and you don't want the other testers to stress you out.

Also: Take a snack.  You'll be there longer than you think.  My test didn't get out until 6pm (June 2006), so I was glad that I had brought a granola bar for the break.

BearlyLegal

• And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 06:18:46 PM »
1. Take it easy from now until monday - no heavy drinking, no unnecessary walking around in the cold, no making out with someone who has a cold
2. Get your sh*t together the day before - pencils, water, cough drops, whatever you need
3. Wake up early. If you are groggy for the first 2 hours every morning, get up 3 hours before the test
5. After the test, have any emails with "LSAC" in them forward as text messages to your phone and don't come on LSD until you get your score

good luck.

I 2nd everything Cal said (except maybe 3, I like to sleep in as late as possible and you're gonna be waiting around at the test center for at least an hour anyway).

Instead:
3. Take an ipod, soduko book, or whatever you need to distract you with you to the test center.  You're gonna be waiting a long time and you don't want the other testers to stress you out.

Also: Take a snack.  You'll be there longer than you think.  My test didn't get out until 6pm (June 2006), so I was glad that I had brought a granola bar for the break.

An Ipod isn't allowed in the testing center. Am I wrong?

UFBoldAsLove

• Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 06:19:47 PM »
Tag :D I could use advice.

LizPendens™

• The Real Alice -- Adventures in Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 06:20:07 PM »
no ipod, earplugs, cellphones, etc. unfortunately.

UFBoldAsLove

• Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 06:22:16 PM »
Hey Liz, guess you got to change the tar' now. (what a crock, btw)

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 06:26:34 PM »
Thanks to all for the sage advice.

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 06:28:22 PM »
2. Get your sh*t together the day before - pencils, water, cough drops, whatever you need

good luck.

Instead:

An Ipod isn't allowed in the testing center. Am I wrong?

You can take it with you and listen before they open the center.  Leave it in your bag during the test.  I had both my ipod and cell phone (turned off of course) and was fine.  It's not like the strip search you.  :D

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 06:31:16 PM »
don't come on LSD until you get your score

Hah, I didn't come on LSD for the few weeks after my LSAT.  That would have really sressed me out.