Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UC Hastings Wait List  (Read 4178 times)

whoneedsanABA

• Sr. Citizen
  • praise the basketball gods!
    • View Profile
Re: UC Hastings Wait List
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 12:54:48 AM »
i would say south san francisco, or the east bay would be your best bet. you will be able to take bart from some of these locations into the civic center (where hastings is situated). if you will have a car...then perhaps burlingame, it is pretty much suburbia over there.
it may come down to fordham v. hastings...

gldtiamat

• AOL Instant Messenger - gldtiamat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 03:19:59 AM »
I just got off the phone a couple hours ago with the Dean of Admissions at Hastings.  I was offered a seat off the waitlist, but I have to pay a $500 deposit by Friday.  I'm holding out for BYU, but would gladly attend Hastings.  The biggest holdup for me is finding a place for my family to live in the Bay Area.  I am married and will have a one month old baby when school starts.  We definitely don't want to live right in San Francisco because 1) too expensive, 2) too loud, and 3) too dangerous... we were both raised as country folk, so big city life is a little daunting to us :)  Anyone have any suggestions on good places to look in the Bay Area for people in my situation?

Congrats on your acceptance to Hastings! 
King Hall (Davis) '10

In: USD $$, Loyola $$, Santa Clara $
WL and Accepted: Davis, Hastings
Out: None

boogerbutt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 12:46:03 PM »
I just got off the phone a couple hours ago with the Dean of Admissions at Hastings.  I was offered a seat off the waitlist, but I have to pay a $500 deposit by Friday.  I'm holding out for BYU, but would gladly attend Hastings.  The biggest holdup for me is finding a place for my family to live in the Bay Area.  I am married and will have a one month old baby when school starts.  We definitely don't want to live right in San Francisco because 1) too expensive, 2) too loud, and 3) too dangerous... we were both raised as country folk, so big city life is a little daunting to us :)  Anyone have any suggestions on good places to look in the Bay Area for people in my situation?

I'm sure you and your family will be most comfortable on Castro st.  ;D