Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Southwestern Waitlist Question  (Read 994 times)

bsuba8

• View Profile
    • Email
Southwestern Waitlist Question
« on: June 06, 2007, 01:09:42 AM »
As of now I am waitlisted at Southwestern but if I am not accepted I will be attending Cal Western. I really want to attend Southwestern but would not want to deal with moving to SD then back to Downtown LA unless I know what the odds are. I guess my questions are:

Are there any current students who know exactly how many people get off the waitlist from southwestern? Yes, I know it varies year from year but I am just curious if anyone has an idea as to whether as long interest is shown one is more likely than not to get off the waitlist?

Please no flaming - I am new to this board and form the looks of it is a more knowledgeable and refined board as opposed to others out there.

Roman815

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Southwestern Waitlist Question
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 01:28:04 AM »
You are likely to hear from Southwestern before you move to San Diego. Plus, you can always move to SD in early August. That will give you time to get off of the SW wait list if you were to be admitted. If you're not off the list by August then you're unlikely to be admitted. In addition, you can always call up admissions and ask when they're likely to admit people again.
University of San Diego School of Law Class of 2010!

LSN

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
Re: Southwestern Waitlist Question
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 09:12:42 AM »
Hi,

I'm in the same boat. I was informed that few people get off the waitlist :( 

They are going to TRY to let us know by end of July, but they can't say for sure as they could inform us up to classes starting.

If I don't know by Mid-July, I'll probably withdraw because I currently live in Florida, and I can't move to California overnight.

I wish you well!