Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Expecting to hear from wait lists - financial aid aspects  (Read 597 times)

Malina

• View Profile
Expecting to hear from wait lists - financial aid aspects
« on: June 05, 2007, 07:42:58 PM »
I've been already admitted and have put in my seat deposit, but I am still having hopes on several waitlists.  ;D At the same time, financial aid deadlines are passing by and I am expected to file for loans right now. What if I apply for loans with school A now where admitted, then hear from school B and decide to actually accept the offer of School B in, say, early July? Is there a way to transfer my loans with A to B or should I just wait and postpone getting any loans with A, even as deadlines are passing? How does that work? It doesn't seem to be a good question for any financial aid office ::) Has anyone been in such situation or is familiar with this process?

Along the same lines, how do things work out in those scenarios where people get offers a few days before classes begin with getting the financial aid and the rest of administrative details worked out? Most schools have tuition due in july, well before mid-August and the start of classes. Does that mean lost loan money thrown on tuition not to be refunded...?  :(

Do you, guys, think there is any realistic chance for receiving waitlist offers past the end of June? Perhaps, a very small one, I would think...  :)

BJAC

• View Profile
Re: Expecting to hear from wait lists - financial aid aspects
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 07:46:52 PM »
Good question...I was wondering the same thing.