I've been already admitted and have put in my seat deposit, but I am still having hopes on several waitlists.
At the same time, financial aid deadlines are passing by and I am expected to file for loans right now. What if I apply for loans with school A now where admitted, then hear from school B and decide to actually accept the offer of School B in, say, early July? Is there a way to transfer my loans with A to B or should I just wait and postpone getting any loans with A, even as deadlines are passing? How does that work? It doesn't seem to be a good question for any financial aid office
Has anyone been in such situation or is familiar with this process?
Along the same lines, how do things work out in those scenarios where people get offers a few days before classes begin with getting the financial aid and the rest of administrative details worked out? Most schools have tuition due in july, well before mid-August and the start of classes. Does that mean lost loan money thrown on tuition not to be refunded...?
Do you, guys, think there is any realistic chance for receiving waitlist offers past the end of June? Perhaps, a very small one, I would think...