Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GradPlus, I just don't get it  (Read 968 times)

knicksfan0323

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
GradPlus, I just don't get it
« on: June 05, 2007, 03:32:02 PM »
I don't really have time to sift through the Grad Plus Questions & Answers Thread so I thought I would ask my two question here:

Does the EFC from the FAFSA have any impact on this loan? Like will I be able to borrow up to my total cost of attendence less any other financial aid, but not including my EFC?

Does this get paid directly to me or my school - I did not apply using my schools "preferred lender"?

Thanks in advance!

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
Re: GradPlus, I just don't get it
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 04:58:39 PM »
I don't really have time to sift through the Grad Plus Questions & Answers Thread so I thought I would ask my two question here:

Does the EFC from the FAFSA have any impact on this loan? Like will I be able to borrow up to my total cost of attendence less any other financial aid, but not including my EFC?

Does this get paid directly to me or my school - I did not apply using my schools "preferred lender"?

Thanks in advance!

1. Gradplus functions like any "alternative" loan...you can borrow up to the total budget set by your school minus any other aid you have gotten. you can also use it to borrow your EFC amount.

2. I think it goes to the school first, and the school with give you any excess. I'm pretty sure that is the same for all schools.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future