Law School Discussion

« on: June 05, 2007, 09:33:37 AM »

Re: Running out of 'new' material
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 09:35:54 AM »
Stop studying so much.  It's not worth it.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 09:53:32 AM »
thanks for the great advice...buttmunch

Hey, I was really being sincere.  You should not use all the prep tests when studying for the lsat.  That's simply too much and all it can do is artificially inflate your score through overpreparation, something that will land you in the bottom 1/3 of a school that is full of people much smarter than you.  I think preparing and raising your score is a great thing to do, but I feel that our diagnostics are closer to our true abilities, so I considered that when choosing schools.  I prepared too much myself, and only took like 12-15 practice tests. 

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 10:09:42 AM »
Well if you've really almost run out of tests, leave the lsat aside for a few weeks.  Get a logic book, Lemmon is an author of a concise one.  Read it.  Then read some stuff in the decent magazines and see what you comprehend.  Then finish your preptests.

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 11:39:04 AM »
redo old tests, find kaplan's or pr's books that have made up questions.

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 02:41:15 PM »
I'm in the same situation, or I will be soon.  I haven't read the LR Bible yet, and that's my weakest section so I'm going to get that, but as for preptests I'll be out soon.  I guess looking at made up questions from Kaplan or Princeton Review would be helpful to an extent, but I think it's important to keep looking at preptest questions, even if you've already answered all of them at one point just to keep the question types fresh in your mind.  This could be a long summer  :-\