Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: December '04 LSAT  (Read 3722 times)

higghigg

• View Profile
December '04 LSAT
« on: September 18, 2004, 09:17:29 PM »
I have been prepping for the LSAT for a little over two weeks and am taking a Kaplan online course.  My diagnostic was a 148 and my first practice a 156.  I assumed the test was not something one studied for, so I feel lucky that I realized the truth of the situation when I did.  I know that taking the Oct test would be preferable for the admissions process, but I am not trying to get into a top 10 or 20 school.  The median score at my school of choice (a state school in my state) is 160.  I just feel that an extra month of studying would be so helpful.  Would postponing until Dec be a terrible idea?  Could I call the school and ask?  Is it only the top schools which fill fast, or does it just depend on the individual school?

dgatl

Re: December '04 LSAT
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 09:18:55 PM »
postpone until december.  better yet, defer for a year and fully prepare for the LSAT.

Jennifer10

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 09:20:06 PM »
December is FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V

• Sr. Citizen
  • MYYYYYY Turn !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 10:09:01 PM »
Forget him.  Go for December.  If all you need is that 160 and remember, you're probably looking at the median, with your score now, you could possibly be admitted.  DO DECEMBER AND GOOD LUCK!  Jennifer and I are rooting for you!

I have been prepping for the LSAT for a little over two weeks and am taking a Kaplan online course.  My diagnostic was a 148 and my first practice a 156.  I assumed the test was not something one studied for, so I feel lucky that I realized the truth of the situation when I did.  I know that taking the Oct test would be preferable for the admissions process, but I am not trying to get into a top 10 or 20 school.  The median score at my school of choice (a state school in my state) is 160.  I just feel that an extra month of studying would be so helpful.  Would postponing until Dec be a terrible idea?  Could I call the school and ask?  Is it only the top schools which fill fast, or does it just depend on the individual school?

superiorlobe

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 10:27:06 PM »
Postpone until December.  If you are breaking 161 regularly, take it in December.  If you are either:

1) Breaking 165 regularly

OR

2) not ever hitting 158

Then postpone until Feb and apply for the admission for 2006.

If you are breaking 165 then you will probably want to re-assess everything and shoot for a better school, and you may as well see if you can get all the way up to 167 or even 170.

If you haven't even hit a 158 then you need to postpone because you will likely not get in to the school you want to go to with a score that is less than 158.

Jennifer10

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2004, 08:55:52 AM »
U heard us!!!  December will be just FINE!!!!!!

higghigg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2004, 10:56:10 AM »
Great advice (and so supportive)! Thanks so much!