I have been prepping for the LSAT for a little over two weeks and am taking a Kaplan online course. My diagnostic was a 148 and my first practice a 156. I assumed the test was not something one studied for, so I feel lucky that I realized the truth of the situation when I did. I know that taking the Oct test would be preferable for the admissions process, but I am not trying to get into a top 10 or 20 school. The median score at my school of choice (a state school in my state) is 160. I just feel that an extra month of studying would be so helpful. Would postponing until Dec be a terrible idea? Could I call the school and ask? Is it only the top schools which fill fast, or does it just depend on the individual school?