Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: St. John's (NY) vs. Hofstra??  (Read 947 times)

davejd

• View Profile
    • Email
St. John's (NY) vs. Hofstra??
« on: June 04, 2007, 12:27:46 PM »
Its decision time! I can either go to Hofstra and save $25000 each year or go pay full tuition at St. Johns.
Hofstra is somewhere in Tier3 while St Johns is T2 at #70.
ANY VALUABLE INPUT, PLEASE!!!  ???
Thanx

mrdunson

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: St. John's (NY) vs. Hofstra??
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 11:13:34 PM »
In your situation, Hofstra is the best option.  After doing my research, I decided not to apply to Hofstra and am enrolled at St. John's now.  I think Hofstra is a good school, but I heard from some students that I should go to St. John's instead, because of the better longterm reputation, almuni and smarter student body.  I feel that the bar passage rates evidence the last point quite well.  However, I believe that finances are the most important consideration of where you go to law school.  If you cannot afford to just pay, and you're relying on loans for any unfunded portion of your cost of attendance, then a scholarship is a blessing.  Take the money and run.  I did the same thing, but I turned down some T25 schools for St. John's.  You should do well at Hofstra, as most people I know with scholarships there performed.  The school is great for working on Long Island and has a lot of sharp graduates and just for the record, an incredible amount of hot girls, both in the law school and undergrad.  Great area to live and work, which I do, so if you have any questions about the area let me know.