Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What top law schools give a lot of merit aid?  (Read 2072 times)

brand_182

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
What top law schools give a lot of merit aid?
« on: June 04, 2007, 12:22:49 AM »
That is, to the type of students that are accepted to Harvard/Yale/Stanford/etc.?  I'm looking for some top law schools to consider that aren't quite the best but make up for it by "buying" their students.  So far I'm looking into Washington University in St. Louis, Emory University, and UT-Austin (in-state).  Any other recs?
By girlfriend, do you mean that piece of rabbit fur you rub on your d*ck every night?

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: What top law schools give a lot of merit aid?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 10:50:34 AM »
All schools (except maybe HYS) use merit money to attract top students, though some are more generous than others.  If you really have HYS numbers, there's the possibility of money from almost all of the T-14 and below.  Columbia has the Hamilton (full tuition), which is given with your acceptance.  NYU has several scholarship programs that you apply to with your regular application that are up to full tuition.  Chicago doesn't give full rides.  I think they stop at 64k, but you can check lsn to confirm. 

Penn and Mich both have scholarships that are up to full tuition that they invite you to apply for after you're accepted (Mich is the Darrow, not sure about Penn).  UVA has various Dean's scholarships that they award after acceptance.  From there down the sky is the limit of up to full tuition (or eve more), depending on how much they want you.  However, money can be a bit of a crapshoot (eg, I got nothing from Penn or Northwestern but practically full ride from NYU).  My best advice is to cast a wide net if you're looking for big money.  You have a better chance of getting money from a school that you like and can also use offers to negotiate for more.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

The Pookie

• Sr. Citizen
  • the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 12:37:58 PM »
Penn doesn't grant full tution scholarships, but they do have the Silverman and the Levy

Levy = 2/3 tution
Silverman = 1 year free, and good amount of  merit the other 2 years, not sure about the details.

if i remember correctly, Chi/Penn are the only non HYS who do NOT give full tution scholarships and their rationale is that they want to give *more* students aid, which seems legit to me.

Vick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 12:46:03 PM »
If you're looking at schools in the range of Emory and WUSTL, then you might consider GW.  They gave out a ton of aid this year for almost everyone who had a 167 or higher.  I don't know if that will remain true for the next cycle, but it's worth a shot. 

brand_182

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 08:46:58 PM »
thx for the replies very helpful
By girlfriend, do you mean that piece of rabbit fur you rub on your d*ck every night?

mrdunson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 11:41:36 PM »
Fordham, Emory, USC, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame

Katie08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 03:52:43 PM »
tag
You must be the change you wish to see in the world

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 04:06:53 PM »
If you would consider Emory, also consider W&L. They are pretty generous.

Also, for those not quite in the HYS range, Wake Forest was very generous to a lot of people this year. I was above their 75% LSAT mark and I'm not sure exactly where GPA wise and they offered me a full tuition scholarship and invited me to apply for a stipend.