Why America is better than the rest of the World

->Soon

• View Profile
Why America is better than the rest of the World
« on: May 31, 2007, 07:20:40 AM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12913288/

18 dead in 3 days as India villagers, police clash
Protesters block highways, railroad lines amid demand for jobs, education

in this thread, we will highlight why we are better AND why other places suck...

flyaway

• View Profile
Re: Why America is better than the rest of the World
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 07:27:26 AM »
I love a lot about this country and feel very fortunate to have been born here (compared to MOST other places, but not all of them).  But if I could pick which country to have been born into, I'm not sure I'd pick this one.  Maybe I would have, but maybe I would have picked a country with less religious influence on government.

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 07:34:30 AM »
There's a good chance that I'll be staying in American full time, but I have to say that I'm glad I wasn't born here.  There are many aspects of my country and childhood that I would not have experienced if I grew up in the US that are invaluable, especially since I'm a minority in the US (but not at home).  In fact, I'm a little sad that my kids will have a completely different childhood from mine.  Not necessarily better or worse, but very different.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 07:36:24 AM »
There's a good chance that I'll be staying in American full time, but I have to say that I'm glad I wasn't born here.  There are many aspects of my country and childhood that I would not have experienced if I grew up in the US that are invaluable, especially since I'm a minority in the US (but not at home).  In fact, I'm a little sad that my kids will have a completely different childhood from mine.  Not necessarily better or worse, but very different.

sigh, the correct answer is

he11 yes, america is the best!

:P

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 07:37:34 AM »

sigh, the correct answer is

he11 yes, america is the best!

tiNtcr, but thanks for coming out

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 07:38:57 AM »
commie....

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 08:40:30 AM »
"I don't have to listen to you. You're a dog. You can't see colors. Which means you can't see the colors of the American flag. Commie."

leostrauss

• The silence of a wise man is always meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 08:44:36 AM »
"I don't have to listen to you. You're a dog. You can't see colors. Which means you can't see the colors of the American flag. Commie."

Indeed! Could this dog even tell if the flag - may God forbid - was on fire???! Doubty

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 12:23:22 AM »
America rocks, I love it, and I truly feel blessed for having been born and raised here.

However I feel too few people treat American citizenship as the privilege it is, and take it for granted.  There's so much good we could be doing w/ our status and power that we aren't doing. 

We're not perfect, but I think we come damn close in many ways (given the constraints of reality).

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 12:25:41 AM »
Hey Denny.  How are things?