Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Nicest Campus in T14?  (Read 12833 times)

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Nicest Campus in T14?
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2007, 08:31:09 PM »
You people aren't listening! :P Profs are usually too busy wielding the big Socratic stick to bother much with any type of board during 1L.

ours use the whiteboard fairly often. and, since you mentioned the socratic stick, i'll also mention that these guys don't use it all that much, at least not as much as i expected. i think they just like to hear themselves talk.

That makes sense.  You have Prof. Law&Economics and Prof. ILoveToHearMyselfTalk.  (Please note that I am quite fond of both of these gents.)  But I happen to be a big fan of the Socratic stick.   
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2007, 08:35:18 PM »
You people aren't listening! :P Profs are usually too busy wielding the big Socratic stick to bother much with any type of board during 1L.

ours use the whiteboard fairly often. and, since you mentioned the socratic stick, i'll also mention that these guys don't use it all that much, at least not as much as i expected. i think they just like to hear themselves talk.

That makes sense.  You have Prof. Law&Economics and Prof. ILoveToHearMyselfTalk.  (Please note that I am quite fond of both of these gents.)  But I happen to be a big fan of the Socratic stick.   

fixt.
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2007, 08:36:46 PM »

That makes sense. You have Prof. Law&Economics and Prof. ILoveToHearMyselfTalk. (Please note that I am quite fond of both of these gents.) But I happen to be a big fan of the Socratic stick.

yes, exactly. they both love to hear themselves talk tho, lol.

quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2007, 08:57:31 PM »
Dare I suggest Yale?

VIP.

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2007, 09:37:44 PM »
Dare I suggest Yale?

I'd like to troll for Yale and say that it is absolutely gorgeous, though the look of the school is intentionally un-modern (though the facilities are state-of-the-art).

That being said, Michigan does look incredibly stunning, and I wouldn't be surprised if it outdid Yale in that respect, or at least gave it a run for its money.
Yale.Law.School.2010

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2007, 10:23:05 PM »
honestly, i do my asthetic rankings based on bathrooms.

cornell's bathrooms are god-awful. honestly, such a pretty building and crappy bathroms? give me a break.

UVA's bathrooms, the best!

Penn...well, one bathroom was pretty nice, but the other one was very high schoolish/collegeish.

so UVA>Penn> Cornell

:)

While not T14, Notre Dame wins best bathrooms hands down. They were in the inaugural class of the restroom hall of fame. hth.

Holy *&^%, bathrooms cleaned 3x per day? That's awesome.

miller

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2007, 11:49:45 PM »
Michigan looks like BC. Beautiful campus.

owlsmid17

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2007, 01:08:47 AM »
Pookie, you should see the bathrooms at Rice. Sad.

Not fair. Depends on what residential college you draw.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later."

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2007, 02:23:09 PM »
It is fairly generally accepted that Michigan and Cornell have the nicest structures, in terms of traditional gothic beauty.  Personally, I prefer Michigan, which has an enclosed quad, making it all look nice from the inside.  It's especially nice in the fall.  Cornell might win if you take into account overall environment, as the natural setting is supposed to be very nice. 

(Yale's is nice, but not quite as nice as the above two.  Also, the overall location and environment sucks.)

In terms of overall beautiful campus and location, UVa deserves high credit as well.  Not gothic, but also very attractive, and the setting is beautiful.

If you want a modern, urban setting, Northwestern is nice, right on Lake Michigan. This seems to be what the OP is leaning towards. 

Overall location to me would ding Yale, Columbia, Chicago, Penn and Georgetown straight off.  Boalt probably has the ugliest structure overall, though the location is nice.  They really just need to tear down their current structure and start over.  (Have they done this yet?)

studymaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2007, 08:53:49 AM »
Have to say Myron Taylor Hall really struck me, as well as the secluded nature of Ithaca/Cornell in general (tho perhaps it was also the fact I was headed there from canada, where everythign feels secluded). That being said, the library was spectacular, and to me conveyed the lofty ideals of the legal profession (as often as we fail them), from the spectacular architecture to the copy of ancient legal stone tablets in one of the hallways, it jsut screamed pretentiously perfect to me. As well the student lounge and dorm building seemed fine, but the smaller library worried me slightly as it felt like a thrift store's back room...
It is whispered that soon, if we all heed the call, the piper will lead us to reason.