Law School Discussion

Nicest Campus in T14?

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Nicest Campus in T14?
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2007, 06:35:18 PM »
You people aren't listening! :P Profs are usually too busy wielding the big Socratic stick to bother much with any type of board during 1L.

ours use the whiteboard fairly often. and, since you mentioned the socratic stick, i'll also mention that these guys don't use it all that much, at least not as much as i expected. i think they just like to hear themselves talk.

That makes sense.  You have Prof. Law&Economics and Prof. ILoveToHearMyselfTalk.  (Please note that I am quite fond of both of these gents.)  But I happen to be a big fan of the Socratic stick.   

fixt.

« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2007, 06:36:46 PM »
You people aren't listening! :P Profs are usually too busy wielding the big Socratic stick to bother much with any type of board during 1L.

ours use the whiteboard fairly often. and, since you mentioned the socratic stick, i'll also mention that these guys don't use it all that much, at least not as much as i expected. i think they just like to hear themselves talk.

That makes sense. You have Prof. Law&Economics and Prof. ILoveToHearMyselfTalk. (Please note that I am quite fond of both of these gents.) But I happen to be a big fan of the Socratic stick.

yes, exactly. they both love to hear themselves talk tho, lol.

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2007, 06:57:31 PM »
Dare I suggest Yale?

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2007, 07:37:44 PM »
Dare I suggest Yale?

I'd like to troll for Yale and say that it is absolutely gorgeous, though the look of the school is intentionally un-modern (though the facilities are state-of-the-art).

That being said, Michigan does look incredibly stunning, and I wouldn't be surprised if it outdid Yale in that respect, or at least gave it a run for its money.

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2007, 08:23:05 PM »
honestly, i do my asthetic rankings based on bathrooms.

cornell's bathrooms are god-awful. honestly, such a pretty building and crappy bathroms? give me a break.

UVA's bathrooms, the best!

Penn...well, one bathroom was pretty nice, but the other one was very high schoolish/collegeish.

so UVA>Penn> Cornell

:)

While not T14, Notre Dame wins best bathrooms hands down. They were in the inaugural class of the restroom hall of fame. hth.

Holy *&^%, bathrooms cleaned 3x per day? That's awesome.

miller

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2007, 09:49:45 PM »
Michigan looks like BC. Beautiful campus.

« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2007, 11:08:47 PM »
Pookie, you should see the bathrooms at Rice. Sad.

Not fair. Depends on what residential college you draw.

« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2007, 06:53:49 AM »
Have to say Myron Taylor Hall really struck me, as well as the secluded nature of Ithaca/Cornell in general (tho perhaps it was also the fact I was headed there from canada, where everythign feels secluded). That being said, the library was spectacular, and to me conveyed the lofty ideals of the legal profession (as often as we fail them), from the spectacular architecture to the copy of ancient legal stone tablets in one of the hallways, it jsut screamed pretentiously perfect to me. As well the student lounge and dorm building seemed fine, but the smaller library worried me slightly as it felt like a thrift store's back room...

bruinbro

• B-Blitz
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2007, 11:07:03 PM »
Have to say Myron Taylor Hall really struck me, as well as the secluded nature of Ithaca/Cornell in general (tho perhaps it was also the fact I was headed there from canada, where everythign feels secluded). That being said, the library was spectacular, and to me conveyed the lofty ideals of the legal profession (as often as we fail them), from the spectacular architecture to the copy of ancient legal stone tablets in one of the hallways, it jsut screamed pretentiously perfect to me. As well the student lounge and dorm building seemed fine, but the smaller library worried me slightly as it felt like a thrift store's back room...

Their library is stunning

MHLM

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2007, 02:14:19 PM »
I think this thread is great! I'm bumping it up to encourage anyone who has recently visited (or plans to visit) a T14--or other LS campus that you found particularly appealing--to post their reactions. Pictures would be neat, too...can you post pictures on here?