Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Buying a Mac Book  (Read 908 times)

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
Buying a Mac Book
« on: May 30, 2007, 11:36:17 AM »
So... I'm really thinking that I want to get the 13.3 inch white Mac Book for school.  I have never had a Mac, but I am sick of my PC and its problems...

Also, I'm happy that they can now run windows on them too.

My problem is that Leopard OS is being released in October.  Is it better to buy a new Windows vista computer or to just go with the current mac os and upgrade later?

skeeball

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Buying a Mac Book
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 11:54:26 AM »
TAG.

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 11:55:07 AM »
tag
Columbia 3L

ebirt07

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 01:07:28 PM »
I just bought the 13 inch MacBook last week, never owning one.  It's FANTASTIC.  The two schools I'm deciding between (Case and Bama) both support Macs more or less, so I went for it.  I love it.

michelle d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 02:12:31 PM »
I'd pay more to get the black one.  My white one is 2.5 years old and the white casing picks up dirt from wrists like a magnet.  The letters on half my keys are gone, too.  (I think they've changed this for the newer models.)  I'm replacing mine with another mac book, though I hate replacing a computer that's less than three years old since it still runs fine.
U of Chicago 2010.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 03:12:29 PM »
I'd pay more to get the black one.  My white one is 2.5 years old and the white casing picks up dirt from wrists like a magnet.  The letters on half my keys are gone, too.  (I think they've changed this for the newer models.)  I'm replacing mine with another mac book, though I hate replacing a computer that's less than three years old since it still runs fine.

but 200 more?  no way.  just wipe it down regularly.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

parischic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 03:17:46 PM »

The white does get scratched pretty easy, but just get one of these: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=E2DCBC2E&nplm=TM779ZM/A  They come in clear, as well as all the colors.  They just snap on and voilą your pretty new MacBook is protected and you've saved $150 by buying the white instead of the black!

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 03:37:00 PM »

The white does get scratched pretty easy, but just get one of these: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=E2DCBC2E&nplm=TM779ZM/A  They come in clear, as well as all the colors.  They just snap on and voilą your pretty new MacBook is protected and you've saved $150 by buying the white instead of the black!

black pwns white...jsia  :)
Columbia 3L

wiiiiiii

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 03:37:51 PM »
So... I'm really thinking that I want to get the 13.3 inch white Mac Book for school.  I have never had a Mac, but I am sick of my PC and its problems...

Also, I'm happy that they can now run windows on them too.

My problem is that Leopard OS is being released in October.  Is it better to buy a new Windows vista computer or to just go with the current mac os and upgrade later?

you would probably be better off learning a thing or two about a computer before buying

wiiiiiii

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 03:38:58 PM »
If you wait until the Apple WWDC in mid June, it's likely they will announce the official date for release of Leopard.  Once this happens, if the past is any indication of the future, anyone who buys a computer from them once the release date is announed will get a coupon for a free upgrade once the new operating system comes out.

stupid fanboi