Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: William and Mary waitlist movement?  (Read 1485 times)

button

• View Profile
William and Mary waitlist movement?
« on: May 30, 2007, 09:09:59 AM »
 This waiting is sooooo frusrating. Anyone have any info on when, or if they will be hitting the waitlist? I have read through last years posts and noticed they seemed to have pulled from the list mid May. It is now approaching June, and from what I have seen on LSN nothing has happened as of yet.
 It seems that UVA has been active with their list, and alot of the people being accepted used W&M as a safety.
 I guess I am going to have to put a second seat deposit in, and just hope and wait....
 Any input would be great!

Pops

• View Profile
Re: William and Mary waitlist movement?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 09:24:25 AM »
I too am waiting for W&M (and others).  W&M told me to just hang out until after June 1st as thats apparently when their second deposit is due.  They said, or implied at least, that they expect to make any phone calls/decisions the following week.  Either way its definitely frustrating as I know for a fact I'm basically waiting to see who the DC schools and UVA admit.

Luckily, my second deposit isn't due until July 1st so I have a little bit of time.

button

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 09:36:11 AM »
Thanks for the info! I was told by some admitted students, there was only one deposit and it was due May 1st.
 It is really a killer to keep sending seat and housing deposits. I requested an extention on my second seat deposit until 6-15. I hope it is approved.
 So, I guess it looks like the second week in June will begin to tell the story!

Thanks again.

Pops

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 12:52:41 PM »
I got an email today basically telling me:
"When you were placed on the Waiting List for admission to William & Mary Law School, you were advised that favorable action could be taken on your application only in the event that further openings in the class developed.  We are currently over-committed for enrollment in August based on deposits paid.  We may be able to admit additional students if we receive notice of withdrawals from individuals currently planning to enroll.  Therefore, we will maintain an active waiting list throughout the summer."

So chances are that ones out, even though LSN suggests otherwise.  Oh well.

Sam P. Huntington

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 12:55:31 PM »
Here's the email I just got:

Dear Wait Listed Applicant:

When you were placed on the Waiting List for admission to William & Mary Law School, you were advised that favorable action could be taken on your application only in the event that further openings in the class developed.  We are currently over-committed for enrollment in August based on deposits paid.  We may be able to admit additional students if we receive notice of withdrawals from individuals currently planning to enroll.  Therefore, we will maintain an active waiting list throughout the summer.

We will contact you immediately if we find it possible to accommodate you before school begins.  As you realize, it is difficult to predict the number of spaces, if any, that will become available.

We appreciate your interest in William & Mary Law School and regret being unable to take favorable action on your application at this time.  It has been an extremely competitive year with our applications continuing at record levels.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Faye F. Shealy
Associate Dean for Admission
(757) 221-3784
ffshea@wm.edu

Neal E. Wixson
Assistant Dean for Admission
(757) 221-3307
newixs@wm.edu
Boston College Law School Class of 2010

button

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 03:53:23 PM »
Does anybody know if they had a second seat deposit?

Money, baby

• You make bunny cry...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 04:33:36 PM »
"And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs. And you're thinking to yourself, you don't know what to do, man. "I don't know how to kill the bunny."

button

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 04:46:38 PM »
Thanks... I have read the info on the W&M web-site. There was a previous post that made reference to a second seat deposit June 1st. (POPS)I think it was the second post.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 05:20:44 PM »
There was only the one seat deposit.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

euphrasie

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - allardjr@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 06:25:46 PM »
I didn't get the email. Weird.
Married: Seattle 2011!
Love: Fordham PT, Seton Hall PT, USF PT, Seattle PT, Lewis & Clark PT, USD PT
Like: W&M
Hate: Georgetown PT, Harvard

LSN