Law School Discussion

Los Angeles

HerculePoirot

• One must seek the truth from within--not without
    • View Profile
Los Angeles
« on: May 29, 2007, 06:50:41 PM »
I have a question for all you L.A. people,

Is L.A. a good bike city...don't think i want a car first year, so I am thinking a bike might do.

Re: Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 07:44:02 PM »
No, not really!

It's too crazy and hustle bustle to have a bike. It's just not a bike kinda place.

If you were going to UCLA and living close to campus, sure, no big.

As you are going to USC... i would strongly recommend you not even consider having a bike as your main means of transportation. A bike to move around campus maybe. Though the campus is really not that much of a bike campus. But if you plan on only having a bike, i would strongly recommend against it!

Also LA is humongoes, and my guess is that you won't be living very close to the USC campus. You most likely need a car to take you to and from school!

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 06:12:01 PM »
As a former USC student (but lifelong Trojan!), I can tell you that the area that surrounds the campus is a bit frightening.  A lot of students have bikes on campus (many are stolen, though), but to ride around Los Angeles would be a very bad idea.

Good luck and Fight On!!!

EDIT: Watch out for the weird guy who is always hanging around, carrying a box of detergent and a flexi straw.  He is usually around the Shrine Auditorium side of campus.

darlinalexi

• Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 08:10:07 PM »
I'm thinking about living near Southwestern (if admitted) or on the subway line...

I wouldn't have a car, but my roommate would for grocery store visits and things like that... what do you think?