Law School Discussion

kaplan prep test

Re: kaplan prep test
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2007, 03:04:48 PM »
In your case though, I think you get them both with the powerscore class though, so that might be a waste if that was the avenue of choice.

If he gets them both first, he may be so happy with his score that he may not even want a prep course anymore. Risking $130 to not have to spend $1,300 seems pretty reasonable to me.

I am using my skills of assumption that he is the course type.

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2007, 03:37:10 PM »
Ebay! You don't HAVE to spend $130 on these two books. =)

Technically, you don't have to spend anything if you look other places than ebay too

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2007, 03:44:40 PM »
I say he just waits until "rmkrause" sees this thread. He'll know what to do.

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »
why is kaplan bad? Well they hired my sister who was a 19 year old and had under a 3.0 gpa to teach a class in DC (probably the biggest law city in the country) if that tells you anything about their quility of instructors.

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2007, 03:30:38 PM »
I wish there is a TM that close.  I'm looking at 3 hrs round trip.  The LSAT counts more than your GPA.  It's worth it.

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2007, 10:09:17 PM »
cal, thats the best idea yet- if i studied on my own im sure i could score better than going at it cold...

thanks lol....

UFBoldAsLove

• Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2007, 10:12:22 PM »
I'm a little disturbed by the fact that prince is a Sr. Citizen and he's only been around like 3 days...

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2007, 10:43:43 AM »
why is kaplan bad? Well they hired my sister who was a 19 year old and had under a 3.0 gpa to teach a class in DC (probably the biggest law city in the country) if that tells you anything about their quility of instructors.

Not really, but if you have a picture of her, I'll pass judgment in a second :p

I'm a little disturbed by the fact that prince is a Sr. Citizen and he's only been around like 3 days...

Yeah, but they've been three bloody long days though.

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2007, 07:49:50 AM »

I guess maybe it is different if you actually go to a live class.  My wife bought me the online course for my birthday as a surprise, and I haven't had any issues with it.  It is a recorded lecture with a written transcription and books that follow the lesson, plus some online quizzes and written tests and some other online stuff.  I think it's fine, but I am supplementing it with the LG Bible. 

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2007, 08:25:14 AM »

I took the Kaplan class in DC and I thought it was fine. My instructor was in his late 20s and had scored a 178. I kind of think iahurricane is full of it.