Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Retake a 169 for UPenn?  (Read 2525 times)

whitesupremacist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Retake a 169 for UPenn?
« on: May 28, 2007, 11:12:36 AM »
i have a 169/3.90 gpa....should i retake the lsat or is this combo good enough for Penn seeing as how i'm applying early/ maybe binding ED? applying this fall. thx

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: Retake a 169 for UPenn?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »
UG type?

I'm inclined to say yes, its worth a try if you think you're ready and can do better
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

whitesupremacist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 11:14:46 AM »
UG type?

I'm inclined to say yes, its worth a try if you think you're ready and can do better

i go to Villanova...thing is that 169 was 3 pts higher than my best practice so I kinda consider it a welcomed fluke

Amy Winehouse

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rehab is for quitters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 11:17:16 AM »
Make sure you write a really good "why penn" essay, regardless of your grades/lsat.  But I think those numbers are fine for Penn.  You might get deferred and/or waitlisted, but I don't think you'd be waiting too long.
Columbia Law School 2010

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 11:22:41 AM »
Make sure you write a really good "why penn" essay, regardless of your grades/lsat.  But I think those numbers are fine for Penn.  You might get deferred and/or waitlisted, but I don't think you'd be waiting too long.

considering the "fluke" this is probably the correct response then ... don't re-take if you are not convinced that you have a really good shot at raising your score (consistently scoring above 170 on pts)

if you are worried about working in Philly you will at least get Cornell and Duke, which will put you back in Philly easily.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

whitesupremacist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 11:24:28 AM »

considering the "fluke" this is probably the correct response then ... don't re-take if you are not convinced that you have a really good shot at raising your score (consistently scoring above 170 on pts)

if you are worried about working in Philly you will at least get Cornell and Duke, which will put you back in Philly easily.

yea i feel like my 3.9 being over their 75% gpa may b able to make up for my not so stellar lsat but we shall see

barenakedtjm

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 11:37:11 AM »
lol @ 169 being "not-so-steallar"

Congrats on your score, but don't let this place make you think a 169 isn't a damn good score!

whitesupremacist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 11:38:59 AM »
lol @ 169 being "not-so-steallar"

Congrats on your score, but don't let this place make you think a 169 isn't a damn good score!

haha yea i kno what you mean but when your dealing with a top school like Penn you never feel as tho anything is good enough 

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 12:26:37 PM »
Going down on a retake isn't really a good thing, even if schools just considers the high score. It'd somehow indicate that it was a fluke, and a 169 is a good score for Penn, specially with a 3.9 UGPA. I would predict that if you apply for ED you'd get deferred and accepted in March :)

whitesupremacist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 12:35:27 PM »
Going down on a retake isn't really a good thing, even if schools just considers the high score. It'd somehow indicate that it was a fluke, and a 169 is a good score for Penn, specially with a 3.9 UGPA. I would predict that if you apply for ED you'd get deferred and accepted in March :)

wouldn't ED be the best route to take since it would show incredible interest in attending their school even tho i could probly get into nyu which is a better school than theirs?