Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: instead of law school i'm buying a car  (Read 1177 times)

clk63amg

• View Profile
instead of law school i'm buying a car
« on: May 27, 2007, 06:07:10 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DMFqmjFr6I

A Mercedes Benz CLK63 AMG Black Series.  It'll run me about $140,000, which I'll use from what I saved on law school by choosing the scholarship and not being another sucker willing to shell out $40,000 a year to learn the same material. 

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: instead of law school i'm buying a car
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 07:26:56 PM »

A Mercedes Benz CLK63 AMG Black Series.  It'll run me about $140,000, which I'll use from what I saved on law school by choosing the scholarship and not being another sucker willing to shell out $40,000 a year to learn the same material. 
And your point? (Other than the stereotypical double-play of pleading for attention and announcing your physical inadequacies.)

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 07:52:46 PM »
Not to be an ass, but if you're going to spend $140k on a car, buy one that isn't a piece of *&^% Benz junk.

SadSadSad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 08:56:31 PM »
That's nice. Two weeks after you buy your car, you're going to be hit by an illegal immigrant without car insurance. Unlike your career, your car will be salvageable, but it'll have an irritating rattling sound any time you go under 30 miles an hour.

TheWESTWESTWEST

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 10:34:28 PM »

Fantastic logic! With all that money you saved by not going to law school, you can now waste it on a whip you don't need and can't afford! YES!

Amy Winehouse

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rehab is for quitters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 11:33:34 AM »
Three things:

1) OP is simply feeling bad about not being able to say, "I'm so smart/talented/powerful that I am going to a Tier 1 school on a full ride."  Congrats on your T2 with money  ::) 

2) OP should also realize that cars lose half their value after a single year, whereas a top law degree never, ever, loses its value. 

3) Ass
Columbia Law School 2010

HonestAbe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 04:33:31 PM »
I think it's a great idea! He'll circumscribe the reason one goes to a top law school in the first place--to get a nice care--and he'll be able to pick up women with low standards at his second rate law school.  Brilliant.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 05:02:30 PM »
tag
VIP.

wiiiiiii

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 12:58:36 PM »
I can't believe posters fall for trash flame bait like this

cy0811

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 12:19:54 AM »
The CLK63 black looks like a normal CLK with a riced out body kit.....most people who see it with any taste laugh out loud. Buy a SL, CL, CLS or S. This is coming from a new SL owner.