Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Black Conservatives  (Read 15716 times)

Slim

• Sr. Citizen
  • ummm hmmm.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Black Conservatives
« Reply #160 on: June 22, 2007, 12:17:09 PM »
What do you all think of Fred Thompson? He's already beating McCain in the polls and he hasn't announced a candidacy yet.
Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day. - Thomas Jefferson.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #161 on: June 22, 2007, 02:08:56 PM »
What do you all think of Fred Thompson? He's already beating McCain in the polls and he hasn't announced a candidacy yet.

He's prob. better than anyone except Ron Paul.
VIP.

Slim

• Sr. Citizen
  • ummm hmmm.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: June 22, 2007, 03:22:46 PM »

Congrats on Emory.  You were never a longshot in my book.  Unless you wanted to be a law sniper. ;)
Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day. - Thomas Jefferson.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 22, 2007, 09:20:34 PM »

I like that he at least has some attitude.  McCain, Rudy, Romney...they all seem so stale. 

Paul of course would be best.   :)
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 22, 2007, 09:41:03 PM »

Congrats on Emory.  You were never a longshot in my book.  Unless you wanted to be a law sniper. ;)

Law Sniper eh? Sounds pretty bad ass. BIGSNIPERLAW?

I like that he at least has some attitude.  McCain, Rudy, Romney...they all seem so stale. 

Paul of course would be best.   :)

8)
VIP.

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 25, 2007, 06:40:11 PM »

I think that says more about McCain than it does about Fred Thompson.  :D
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2007, 06:44:30 PM »

I think that says more about McCain than it does about Fred Thompson.  :D

Thompson is leading McCain precisely because he hasn't declared yet.  He hasn't had to speak on any issues.  He just rides the wave of popularity w/o having to address anything.  Once he officially enters, his numbers will balance out.
Yale.Law.School.2010

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 07, 2007, 06:34:35 AM »
suuuuuuuuuck considering most black people are conservative already on many issues.
The Tragicomic: Itís embodied in the blues, jazz, (HIP HOP, CORNELL <<one slight deserves another!!!!<< REALLY MISSED THE BOAT ON THAT ONE!!!) and the African experience in the New World -- the ability to withstand terrorism, embrace oneís worst enemies lovingly and bear the unbearable in song.

Slim

• Sr. Citizen
  • ummm hmmm.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2007, 08:52:50 AM »
suuuuuuuuuck considering most black people are conservative already on many issues.
???  What?

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2007, 03:32:08 PM »
???  What?

I think he is saying that the black community, while being largely democratic, might be more of the Leiberman type of Democrat...
VIP.