Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Black Conservatives  (Read 17049 times)

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
Re: Black Conservatives
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2007, 05:32:10 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I perfectly understand that some people choose not to have an abortion. But the mentality that "I don't like abortion, so nobody else should be allowed to" is fubar in my eyes.

Seems it's always men who's against it too actually. Guess it's easy to not support abortion when you can just bail on her sorry ass and be done with it? :)

DDBY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2007, 05:40:51 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I perfectly understand that some people choose not to have an abortion. But the mentality that "I don't like abortion, so nobody else should be allowed to" is fubar in my eyes.

Seems it's always men who's against it too actually. Guess it's easy to not support abortion when you can just bail on her sorry ass and be done with it? :)
Hells Yea! ;D

stsherri

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2007, 05:44:10 PM »

My wife is very much opposed to abortion, and not simply as a personal preference.  Me, too, for that matter.
W&L '10

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2007, 05:49:03 PM »
I'm sure there's some completely lunatic women out there, yeah :)

DDBY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2007, 05:51:23 PM »

My wife is very much opposed to abortion, and not simply as a personal preference.  Me, too, for that matter.
I've always wanted to be a dead beat dad.  When I was little I sad "I wanna be a dead beat dad when I grow up.  I'm gonna screw every female (beast or human) that crosses my path.  I want to spread my seed to all of the furthest reaches of the earth.".

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2007, 06:04:25 PM »
Outlawing abortion won't end abortion. Working to end poverty and improve access to education will.
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

DDBY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2007, 06:05:57 PM »
Outlawing abortion won't end abortion. Working to end poverty and improve access to education will.
This may be the first time I agree with you!  Where's the Champagne?

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2007, 06:06:41 PM »

Actually more men are pro-choice than women percentage-wise in the US. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

stsherri

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2007, 06:07:58 PM »
I'm sure there's some completely lunatic women out there, yeah :)

Nnotwithstanding the smiley, your ad hominem is not cool.  Someone who disagrees with you on an issue upon which the general population is sharply divided must be insane, eh?  Interesting that one moment you suggest that you "literally" can't believe there are those who think their views should be forced upon others, and the next you suggest that anyone who doesn't share your views is insane.  
W&L '10

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2007, 06:11:56 PM »
This may be the first time I agree with you!  Where's the Champagne?

We probably agree more than you think.
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.