Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Black Conservatives  (Read 16269 times)

DDBY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Black Conservatives
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2007, 02:49:07 PM »
I would like to have a cat provided it barked. 
a little bit of  ;D could make that happen

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2007, 12:42:24 AM »
Yeah, like an 80 year old would be first in line for a heart transplant in the US. bull, and you know it.

Right, but he'd get the pacemaker, no problem. So your point is that an electronic device = an organ?

I'll send you some biology text books and after you read them we can continue that discussion.
The fact that you assume people are uneducated for disagreeing with you is so ridiculous and arrogant that literally anything you say from here on is worthless junk. Go slap yourself. Oh, and, pamphlets from "Pro-Life" organizations aren't textbooks btw.

LOL. Did I say I was going to send you something from Pat Robertson? I believe that the fetus is alive, and biology can prove it. The arguments to the contrary are a cop-out, IMHO. Ultimately though, I can live with the fact that you want to kill YOUR baby, I won't be killing mine, though.

I've never been called arrogant before, but thank you. I'll take it as a complement. I have to say, you are one of the few people that I don't think I can agree with on ANYTHING. That's pretty impressive. Are you my evil twin?
VIP.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2007, 05:52:06 AM »
Right, but he'd get the pacemaker, no problem. So your point is that an electronic device = an organ?
True, and I find it exceptionally hard to believe he didn't get a pacemaker in the UK as well, but that's word against word I suppose.

LOL. Did I say I was going to send you something from Pat Robertson? I believe that the fetus is alive, and biology can prove it. The arguments to the contrary are a cop-out, IMHO. Ultimately though, I can live with the fact that you want to kill YOUR baby, I won't be killing mine, though.
Alive yes, a baby no. Lots of things in this world is alive without being a baby. If you're one of the people who are opposed to abortion on a personal level, but supports legislation so other can do it if it's right for them, I respect that. What I don't respect is the majority of older men who decide 'I don't like abortion, so nobody should be allowed to do it'.

I've never been called arrogant before, but thank you. I'll take it as a complement. I have to say, you are one of the few people that I don't think I can agree with on ANYTHING. That's pretty impressive. Are you my evil twin?
I am. Damn, busted.

Keanu

• Sr. Citizen
  • What does your soul look like?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2007, 05:58:17 AM »
In the sleepy west of the woody east
is a valley full, full o' pioneer
we're not just kids, to say the least
we got ideas to us that's dear
like capitalist, like communist
like lots of things you've heard about

That's from "U-Mass" by The Pixies.  They're a lot like you guys, I think.  But then again I don't understand irony, so maybe not.  Whatevs.  Either way, The Pixies are like the secret password when you're trying to take home an indie chick.  Can we not agree on this much?
It's, like, a comment on modern society.  What is reality?  Is there anything realer than real?

University of Mother Earth, Class of Infinity

DDBY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2007, 10:51:17 AM »

That's my sentiment.  Personally, my moral and religous beliefs compell me to detest the Idea.  But my political side is again wary of goverment involvement in private matters.  Do what you will with your body but dont expect the government (innocent tax payers) to fund your sinful ways.

I actually don't like the death penalty either.  Different reasoning gets me to same conclusion.  I don't like to murder people, and I don't like to pay for the murder of people.  I'm more accepting though because the death of a murderous criminal doesn't bother me enough to protest the system. I would support efforts to fully vet the system to save falsely convicted inmates (convicted because of incompetance and/or racism).

On the indie chick thing.  I'm not into indie chicks.  I like women that shower, and shave thier pits.  Since I'm about be rich, I'd like her to have he own money as well.  I'm not busting my ass to give it all to a leach for sex.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2007, 12:03:53 PM »

On the indie chick thing.  I'm not into indie chicks.  I like women that shower, and shave thier pits.  Since I'm about be rich, I'd like her to have he own money as well.  I'm not busting my ass to give it all to a leach for sex.

But what if we're talking about an endearing, attractive leach?

Death penalty, eh.  I've gone back and forth.  Ultimately though I wouldn't say I'm against its use in some situations.  I don't think that's incompatible with libertarianism. 
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2007, 02:28:45 PM »
I'm against abortion AND the death penalty (although in some extreme cases I'm okay with it). Ultimately I'm not THAT crazy about ending abortion. It's people killing their own babies, and frankly there isn't really much chance of it affecting me in any way.

If I ruled the world, abortions would probably be illegal, I won't lie about that. I believe the fetus is as alive as anyone else -- hell, the law isn't even consistent on that, if you have an abortion, it isn't murder, but if you murder a pregnant woman, you'll get charged with two counts.

I don't base that view on religious grounds. I'm basically an atheist these days anyway. I will never be the guy with a crucifix standing outside of Planned Parenthood in January.
VIP.

DDBY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2007, 02:39:00 PM »
I'm against abortion AND the death penalty (although in some extreme cases I'm okay with it). Ultimately I'm not THAT crazy about ending abortion. It's people killing their own babies, and frankly there isn't really much chance of it affecting me in any way.

If I ruled the world, abortions would probably be illegal, I won't lie about that. I believe the fetus is as alive as anyone else -- hell, the law isn't even consistent on that, if you have an abortion, it isn't murder, but if you murder a pregnant woman, you'll get charged with two counts.

I don't base that view on religious grounds. I'm basically an atheist these days anyway. I will never be the guy with a crucifix standing outside of Planned Parenthood in January.
Fortunately I'm taking over THE WORLD!!!  I advocate Planned Parenthood for Democrats only.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2007, 05:23:56 PM »
I literally can't believe there's still people against abortion.

DDBY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2007, 05:30:12 PM »
I literally can't believe there's still people against abortion.
Heh, I can't believe there are people who have unprotected sex, and then are surprised
 when they get pregnant or catch an STD.  Or people who sleep around and the female dog that they aren't ready for a kid.
I'm no saint but take responsibility.

barring rape, life and death,and the other relatively rare occurances.