Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LR questions  (Read 1014 times)

thefaint

• View Profile
    • Email
LR questions
« on: May 25, 2007, 07:58:32 PM »
I was wondering if someone could explain why for preptest 39 section 2 question 6 C is wrong. Is it because the argument discusses the fact that poor writers shouldn't do use complex styles and from that we can't infer that talented writers can? Or is it the use of the world only, since the author might believe that average writers can use that complex style?

thanks in advance

mr

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You're going to cure death? MUAHAHAHA...doubt it"
    • View Profile
Re: LR questions
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 11:08:58 PM »
Okay. This question can trip you up if you try to read into it more than it's asking you to do. It's actually a principle question disguised as a must be true question. I would hone in on answer D but then use process of elimination just to be sure. As for C: This answer is way to specific and doesn't have anything to do with the argument. We are only dealing with poor writers doing mundane writing and with two types of readers. The information we have does nothing to help us construct a principle about good writers. Thus, answer C is wrong.

thefaint

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 03:24:36 PM »
Ok, thanks rmk that makes a lot of sense when I think of it as a prinicipal question. However, how did you know to think of it as that.... isn't a fill in the blank questions supposed to be must be true questions? if so i don't see how either C or D must be true. For C we can't say anything about the most talented writers must be true since the argument doesn't discuss them like you said and for D a writing style shouldn't  be more complex for Poor writers, but the argument never says that is the case for all writers and thus couldn't D be false.

Basically, I could see D only if the question read which one of the following principles would most justify the question

mr

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You're going to cure death? MUAHAHAHA...doubt it"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 10:20:06 PM »
Lots of times when you read these you miss the most obvious parts. Look at the final sentence. It actually tells you it's a principle question.