Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Seton Hall  (Read 4129 times)

mikeyakay2j

Re: Seton Hall
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2007, 02:47:49 PM »
im working at my job and gonna leave there soon to go to school. check out this link http://law.shu.edu/current_students/csweb.htm
on the bottom left hand side u will see the schedule of classes when they release fall 07 ull be able to see it, but u still wont know which sections you are in. how about u? any cool summer plans?

dukedogalley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2007, 03:06:11 PM »
im working at my job and gonna leave there soon to go to school. check out this link http://law.shu.edu/current_students/csweb.htm
on the bottom left hand side u will see the schedule of classes when they release fall 07 ull be able to see it, but u still wont know which sections you are in. how about u? any cool summer plans?

Not really just going to relax after leaving my job in mid/late July.

mikeyakay2j

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2007, 03:48:22 PM »
where do u work currently?

dukedogalley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2007, 04:01:30 PM »
where do u work currently?

NYC law firm...you?

mikeyakay2j

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2007, 04:15:38 PM »
very nice financial company, why arent u planning on staying there while being in law school? they cant give u a job afterwards or u dont want to be there?

dukedogalley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2007, 04:49:46 PM »
very nice financial company, why arent u planning on staying there while being in law school? they cant give u a job afterwards or u dont want to be there?

I could stay and go to school, but that would not secure me a job here.  I would love to come back and work here....from what I understand the firm only offers summer associate spots and firm position to the top 5% at SHU (and schools of approx the same ranking: Rutgers/SJU). I would rather focus on school 1L transfer to full time and have the grades to come back here.

Ali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2007, 05:03:44 PM »
Is this part of a new mailing?

I haven't heard from SH since I sent in my 2nd deposit 2 weeks ago :o

mikeyakay2j

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2007, 10:04:06 AM »
Ali are u a PT student? Duke so u dont intend on working at all during your first year? Did you go PT due to the fact that you can get in with a lower LSAT/GPA combo? Just asking.

dukedogalley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2007, 10:46:52 AM »
Ali are u a PT student? Duke so u dont intend on working at all during your first year? Did you go PT due to the fact that you can get in with a lower LSAT/GPA combo? Just asking.

No work during first semester, I have left the door open at my current job for returning p/t in the spring...applied full-time and was offered part-time admission...will you be working?

mikeyakay2j

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2007, 10:55:05 AM »
my current position is not law related so i will most likely leave but i will find other employment in the year on a pt basis so i can have a resume with law experience and go to school at the same time. i really like the flexibility of pt night program i can work the other days or just study its very comfortable. is anyone here going to the PT evening dessert reception thats coming up on June 14th?