Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How old is too old?  (Read 3548 times)

jgruber

Re: How old is too old?
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 05:18:34 PM »
It took 25 years to save the money for law school.   :D

Age isn't significant to me. Whether you feel like entering into debt is the question? If you don't have to worry about finances you're the envy of town...:)

Cherry

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2004, 05:38:58 PM »
It took 25 years to save the money for law school.   :D

Age isn't significant to me. Whether you feel like entering into debt is the question? If you don't have to worry about finances you're the envy of town...:)

And I still had to borrow some...

Welcome to my life LOL

Ziva

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2004, 04:00:57 PM »
I'm a baby boomer.  Yeah!  I'm trying to imagine the on-campus interview with the firm representative who's interviewing 26 year olds.   Or, applying for the summer clerkship.  Or, whatever.  Am I crazy? 

Midnight-  I'm 22 and I don't think you're too old.  I think people start to age mentally and physically when they stop creating new plans for themselves. 

I would look at it like this: In three years, you'll be [45] (or whatever) no matter what.  The only question is, would you like to be 45 with a JD or 45 without one? 

shanbaum

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2004, 06:02:38 PM »
Well, my 25-year-old son and I will both be 1L's in the fall (in different states)!

Factoid: Connecticut residents 62 and over can attend UCONN law gratis.

I probably should wait 9 years... naaaah.

jgruber

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2004, 01:05:49 PM »
I suspect that UCONN doesn't give away too much tuition to 62+ year olds.  But if things doen't work out here in Tennessee, I'll see ya in about 13 years.

Well, my 25-year-old son and I will both be 1L's in the fall (in different states)!

Factoid: Connecticut residents 62 and over can attend UCONN law gratis.

I probably should wait 9 years... naaaah.

marista

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - purplenna
    • View Profile
    • My lawschoolnumbers page
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2004, 01:27:28 PM »
I don't think you're ever too old. My dad's 52 and has been complaining for 20 years that he wishes he'd gotten a doctorate, and I keep telling him to just go do it, but he says he's just too old for that. I wish he would do already if only so my mom and I didn't have to listen to the complaining anymore :)