Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How old is too old?  (Read 3457 times)

midnight oil

• WcoastNegril
    • View Profile
How old is too old?
« on: March 09, 2004, 06:12:35 PM »
I'm a baby boomer.  Yeah!  I'm trying to imagine the on-campus interview with the firm representative who's interviewing 26 year olds.   Or, applying for the summer clerkship.  Or, whatever.  Am I crazy? 

karenw911

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How old is too old?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 08:59:26 PM »
You are NEVER too old. My hubby graduated from law school in 2002 and the class before his had a 72 year old guy in it. 

As long as you're able to breathe, open a book and read, there's nothing stopping you. Keeps the mind active!  Hey, look at it this way - it's preventative medicine for Alzheimers!!  ;D 

Now, if we could only get the health insurance to pay for law school...hmm.....

Karen W.

sagemenscircle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 09:02:19 PM »
check out my profile and the numbers will speak for themselves.
"Est unusquisque faber ipsae suae fortunae"
Every man is the architect of his own fortune.
Appius Claudius

midnight oil

• WcoastNegril
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 04:48:14 PM »
Hey, Karen and Sage, et al-  Thanks for the encouraging words!  It helps!  I feel okay about it, but it's good to know I'm not the only person thinking about these issues.  I guess I knew that. But, it helped to hear that!  Later.

jgruber

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 11:31:24 AM »
When they close the lid on your coffin, you are too old.   :)

dta

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2004, 02:59:21 AM »
I'm 33 and looking for a career change and aiming for law school in Fall 2005. It's good to see other "over-the-hill" types applying as well. Actually, i've heard law schools tend not to want an incoming class to look like a herd of freshly minted Bachelor degree holders. So, I assume that being older and having a career to show for it is actually a positive in the application process.

jgruber

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 01:09:22 PM »
I'm 33 and looking for a career change and aiming for law school in Fall 2005. It's good to see other "over-the-hill" types applying as well. Actually, i've heard law schools tend not to want an incoming class to look like a herd of freshly minted Bachelor degree holders. So, I assume that being older and having a career to show for it is actually a positive in the application process.

Hill?  Was there a hill?  Damn, I missed it.

schoomp

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - schoomp
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 04:58:23 AM »
Only thing I can say is that I am starting next fall, my mom is now talking about taking the LSAT...

jgruber

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2004, 10:01:43 AM »
Go, Mom; Go Mom.

Only thing I can say is that I am starting next fall, my mom is now talking about taking the LSAT...

MattMurdock

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 05:13:33 PM »
Age isn't significant to me. Whether you feel like entering into debt is the question? If you don't have to worry about finances you're the envy of town...:)