Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fear of Logic Games - 12 Step Program  (Read 1279 times)

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
  • And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
Fear of Logic Games - 12 Step Program
« on: May 25, 2007, 10:13:21 AM »
Hi. My name is Bearly, and I am afraid of Logic Games.

I am afraid because I always miss those niggling little details and deductions that are meant to speed things up. I am afraid because I usually have to guess on 10-12 questions on this one section. I am afraid because this section is the one thing holding me back from an autoadmit at a T14 or possibly a T6 school. I am afraid because even though I have studied this profusely for months, I have only seen marginal improvement. I am afraid because the LSAT is 16 days away...

My name is Bearly... and I am afraid of Logic Games.

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fear of Logic Games - 12 Step Program
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 10:24:35 AM »
Hi Milton. Just remember, Logic Games Dysfunction is something that happens to all guys sometimes. :(

UFBoldAsLove

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 10:25:39 AM »
My name is UF, and I'm scared of games too. >:(

What gets me is the initial set up. If its not clear to me right away how I should draw the diagram, I freak out.

One very odd anti freak out strategy that my friend told me the other night (mind you, this was at 2am at the bar):

You know that old star bucks commercial? Where the band follows the guy around like "Dan! Dan, Dan DAN! Dan's the man, going to work... gonna get that promotion." Well, apparently every time he would start to stress over something in the games section, my friend would sing in his head "Kyle! Kyle, Kyle, KYLE! Kyle's the man, takin the LSAT, gonna get into Harvard..". Apparantly it worked for him :D, he got a 166 which was over his practice average.

I know, I'm a strange kid.  ;)
Vandy 1L... really?

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 10:27:54 AM »

What gets me is the initial set up. If its not clear to me right away how I should draw the diagram, I freak out.

One very odd anti freak out strategy that my friend told me the other night (mind you, this was at 2am at the bar):

You know that old star bucks commercial? Where the band follows the guy around like "Dan! Dan, Dan DAN! Dan's the man, going to work... gonna get that promotion." Well, apparently every time he would start to stress over something in the games section, my friend would sing in his head "Kyle! Kyle, Kyle, KYLE! Kyle's the man, takin the LSAT, gonna get into Harvard..". Apparantly it worked for him :D, he got a 166 which was over his practice average.

I know, I'm a strange kid.  ;)

Haha! LMAO, awesome advice! Bearly, bearly, bearly! Bearly's the bear! He's gonna go to a prestigious Law School, and afford all the hunny in the world with his biglaw paycheck!

Garry Shandling

• Sr. Citizen
  • How's My Hair?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 10:32:15 AM »
"Kyle! Kyle, Kyle, KYLE! Kyle's the man, takin the LSAT, gonna get into Harvard..". Apparantly it worked for him :D, he got a 166 which was over his practice average.

Harvard here he comes.
I hope steve.jd and CS4L hang out at Harvard.  The combined gravitic pull of their prestige-egos will put (everyone) into orbit.  After a short time, they will all collapse upon each other creating the first man made black hole...

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 10:33:56 AM »
"Kyle! Kyle, Kyle, KYLE! Kyle's the man, takin the LSAT, gonna get into Harvard..". Apparantly it worked for him :D, he got a 166 which was over his practice average.

Harvard here he comes.

"If you aim for the stars and you fail, you will at least get to fly. If you aim for the ground, you will never take off." Or something like that.

Bearly, bearly he's our man, if he can't do it noone can! Princeton Law School or Bust!

UFBoldAsLove

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 10:39:40 AM »
I actually dont think he even applied to Harvard. It was just an exaggeration to boost his condifence. He will be very happy at GW come fall. :D
Vandy 1L... really?

Thelidkid

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 11:24:08 AM »

I know, I'm a strange kid.  ;)

Haha! LMAO, awesome advice! Bearly, bearly, bearly! Bearly's the bear! He's gonna go to a prestigious Law School, and afford all the hunny in the world with his biglaw paycheck!

And the ttcr is

A.  Bearly uses the word hunny in an ambigious manner.
UB LAW

Kevlar281

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 11:53:48 AM »
Kind of a random question but when yall take timed practice tests and you struggle getting all the games setup in time do you randomly guess on the remaining questions? I leave mine blank just so I have the best feel for the worst case scenario.

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 11:58:16 AM »
Kind of a random question but when yall take timed practice tests and you struggle getting all the games setup in time do you randomly guess on the remaining questions? I leave mine blank just so I have the best feel for the worst case scenario.

I guess; but I am very unlucky, and I usually guess none right, so it turns into a worst case scenario anyway. Strangely, guessing does not seem to modify my score much. My highest test scores are from tests where every guess was wrong.