Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: omg im screwed-  (Read 12177 times)

Chippewa to Torero

• Burgundy '08
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: omg im screwed- i need budget increase for CC and car payments
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2007, 02:09:16 PM »

Please keep us abreast of any address changes that may occur during the year.

[/quote]

"She said 'breast'!" - Michael Scott
University of San Diego 2010

Chippewa to Torero

• Burgundy '08
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2007, 02:13:25 PM »
This site does a wonderful job of consistently making me feel like a moron.  I mean, how hard is it to quote?

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

Chippewa to Torero

• Burgundy '08
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2007, 02:43:44 PM »
ZING!  And a touche to boot!

papasmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2007, 10:55:13 AM »
here is some real advice my friend. Don't put your business on the street.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
Re: omg im screwed-
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2007, 02:40:28 PM »
great bump!!
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2007, 02:50:32 PM »
and i owe 20K on my car.
Are you freaking kidding me?  You make $24,000 a year, and you owe $20k on a car?  You should sell your car.  Buy a $2k car, and never buy a new car again.  You wonder why you have no money?  Even though you "sold everything you own," you kept your car, and are still living way above your means. 

Even if you sell your car, and are in the hole a few thousand dollars, you can take out a loan for the difference plus 2k for a new car.  Instead of having 20k in car debt, you now have 5k.  Your payments will be way lower, and you'll be able to put more money towards your credit card payments.

From what I understand, no school will increase your student loan amount in order to allow you to make credit card payments.  Subsidized loans are not meant for credit card debt.  Most schools recommend that you pay off all credit card debt before entering law school. 

You are not bankrupt, you are simply living way above your means.  It is totally rediculous that you bring home $2k a month, and only have $300 left after a car payment, insurance, credit card, and phone bill, when you are living rent-free with your parents.  You cannot afford your car.  It's as simple as that. 

I also recommend you get a second job this summer before school starts in the fall.  Wake up early and lift boxes before work at UPS.  Or, deliver pizzas at night when you get off.  You could easily make an additional 1-2k per month doing this.  If it's only for the summer, it'll be easy and you'll be able to pay off (and cut up) some of your credit cards in the process. 

I agree with this assessment, you need to sell your car and buy a hooptie (or however you spell it).
VIP.