Stay away from credit cards? There's a whole world of free money out there for savvy credit card users (0% APRs, cash back, sign-up bonuses, statement credits, checks for Chase credit protector products, promotions). It doesn't take an MBA to read fine print and show some self-restraint. Unless you're a) the OP, b) the kind of guy who will sign up for a 25% APR credit card in exchange for an XXL t-shirt with Bob Marley and a bong on it or c) a girl with an addiction to Coach purses, there's no real need to be afraid of credit cards.
Blanket statements are rarely correct, but I will stand by the statement. For those that can handle it, go for it. I like my AA Citi Miles Card as well as my Amex for getting my $100 Brooks Brothers certificates. They do have their benefits, but really, they aren't that big of a bonus.If you can exercise self restraint, you are above the curve.
Right now I am studying for a partnership taxation test, and it is not that much fun. Might stay away from Tax Law (Although, having the background of a CPA would definitely make those classes a lot easier). I plan on doing a few years at a Big 4 and get my CPA. I am looking at the possibility of Corporate / Securities Law. I am still on the fence with law school. I am about 90% sure that I want to do it, and hopefully the remaining 10% will be dispelled over the next year or so.
Letting go of a safe, six-figure career that allows me after 5 years to manage my own schedule and be on partner track and make pretty much the same as BigLaw Partners. (Potentially, I think starting distribution is about $250,000, and I did a loan for a seniored partner once who had a distribution of near a million) I know exactly what the career path holds.Not exactly knowing what working in a legal career would be like. Sure people post on the message boards saying that it is terrible, but people said that about auditing and I didn't find working 8-10 during busy season to be that big of a deal.Pretty serious g/f that I enjoy spending time with and will probably be marrying in the next few years. Will a legal career prevent me from being the Dad that I want to be?The DebtI don't have visions of grandeur and I wouldn't be doing it for the flashiness. I have only had business law on the undergrad and grad level and my tax classes. As boring as it may appear, I enjoy the difficulty of the tax issues and application of those laws. I believe those would translate to other legal issues that I would learn about in law school. I suppose the bottom line, is I have to let go of so much. Then there is the reality that if I have Big 4 experience and a CPA license, it will increase my chances with getting jobs. Also, if law didn't work out, I would easily find work.
Page created in 1.614 seconds with 18 queries.