Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wiimote baffled  (Read 2694 times)

wiimote

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Wiimote baffled
« on: May 24, 2007, 07:32:37 PM »
I just looked up Brooklyn's job placement statistics and I'm suprised to see their median private sector salary is $112,000! There is apparently an amazing disparity between similarly ranked tier 2 schools. On the one end you have schools like Denver or Loyola which have median starting salaries of $65,000 or so and almost half the class unemployed at graduation. On the other end you have schools like BLS with median starting salaries in six figures and the vast majority employed at graduation.

This begs the question, where can we see (1) Employment @ graduation and (2) median private sector salary for all tier 2 schools? Has someone summarized this information into one easy to access chart?

doibhilin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Wiimote baffled
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 08:25:59 PM »
Average starting salary isn't the only factor that goes into law school rankings, you know.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 08:57:52 PM »
You need a new hobby, this one isn't amusing anymore. Not that it ever was to begin with.

marlinspike

• Sr. Citizen
  • Why yes, I am the one who took my avatar photo.
    • View Profile
    • Richard's Photos
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 09:03:02 PM »
I still can't find where someone is begging the question.
Gas: UMD, W&M ($$), Wake Forest, Emory, GW, GMU
Clutch: Michigan, Notre Dame, UVA, AU (yield protect?), Duke, BC (Michigan told me no on 6/13 - Thank you MI for being courteous and letting me know)
Brakes: Gtown.
(3.23 169)

Journeyman

• Sr. Citizen
  • The road to life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 09:43:21 PM »
This thread begs the question...how much of a flame this is going to become...or how much of a troll you are.
IU-B '10

Journeyman, I am dumbfounded as to how you got into IU and W&L with your numbers. 155 LSAT and you applied to Vanderbilt? Honestly?

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 09:45:49 PM »
When someone who considers anything below T14 to be TTT wants to know job prospects for tier 2 schools, you know where it's going.

marlinspike

• Sr. Citizen
  • Why yes, I am the one who took my avatar photo.
    • View Profile
    • Richard's Photos
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 10:09:51 PM »
When someone who considers anything below T14 to be TTT wants to know job prospects for tier 2 schools, you know where it's going.

What does TTT mean anyways? All I ever knew it to mean is "to the top" when bumping a thread.
Gas: UMD, W&M ($$), Wake Forest, Emory, GW, GMU
Clutch: Michigan, Notre Dame, UVA, AU (yield protect?), Duke, BC (Michigan told me no on 6/13 - Thank you MI for being courteous and letting me know)
Brakes: Gtown.
(3.23 169)

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 10:12:12 PM »
Your mom.

ě

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 10:13:18 PM »

What does TTT mean anyways? All I ever knew it to mean is "to the top" when bumping a thread.

Third Tier Toilet, generally used to belittle any school that doesn't fulfill the posters expectations of prestige.

grlykoolblah

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 10:49:18 PM »
I just looked up Brooklyn's job placement statistics and I'm suprised to see their median private sector salary is $112,000! There is apparently an amazing disparity between similarly ranked tier 2 schools. On the one end you have schools like Denver or Loyola which have median starting salaries of $65,000 or so and almost half the class unemployed at graduation. On the other end you have schools like BLS with median starting salaries in six figures and the vast majority employed at graduation.

This begs the question, where can we see (1) Employment @ graduation and (2) median private sector salary for all tier 2 schools? Has someone summarized this information into one easy to access chart?

3 words, Cost of Living. (Think about it).