Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NJClass Loan-for decided Rutgers students  (Read 292 times)

lavender

• View Profile
NJClass Loan-for decided Rutgers students
« on: May 24, 2007, 03:18:08 PM »
hi, is anyone teeing up their financial aid process yet? RU's student aid website encourages students to obtain private loans from NJClass first before going to other lenders. does anyone know why, and current RU students, would you recommend NJClass?

also to incoming 1Ls, are you applying to different private lenders? it's hard to shop around when i can't really determine what my interest rate would be without applying first...

thewanderer01

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NJClass Loan-for decided Rutgers students
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 04:35:47 PM »
I took a look at the option on their "Alternative PRIVATE Loan Options" page (http://finaid.newark.rutgers.edu/Alternative%20Loan%20Options.htm) and remember thinking the NJClass option appeared to have a better rate/fee structure than most of the other options on the page...but I haven't hammered out my own details yet. Have you run your credit history and/or got your credit score? You can get a fairly good idea of where you fall, relative to a bank's published rates, if you know that info.
Rutgers - Newark Class of 2010

lavender

• View Profile
Re: NJClass Loan-for decided Rutgers students
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 10:38:21 PM »
yep.njclass has better rates but they don't look at your credit history. im wondering if i get an even lower rate from the big lenders just because my credit grade/history is good...