Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PENN LAW WAITLIST  (Read 20083 times)

megs2828

• View Profile
Re: PENN LAW WAITLIST
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2007, 01:03:52 PM »

they're sending out emails to the people who are still on the waitlist. the email said the class is full and they might call people for "phone interviews" but only if spaces open up because people make other plans or defer their admission. the email also said that some people were rejected from the waitlist.

STORMANDSTRESS- did you get an email like this? Or anyone else who knows they're remaining on the waitlist?

LZ21

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2007, 01:11:08 PM »
I got one.
UVA Class of 2010!

waitlisted

• Sr. Citizen
  • Drool. Please note I am not AK47 on XO.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2007, 01:12:40 PM »
class is full... anticipate making offers... you get to keep waiting... we'll call you if we need you.  don't bug us though, peon.

marina913

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2007, 01:14:42 PM »
I've been waiting to hear from them since February( I was waitlisted then) and finally called today.

Guess what they told me?

They told me "I" withdrew my application, which I never did.

i've sent an additional letter of rec and a continued interest letter.

what to do now? they told me to call back in an hour..

um that makes me worry since i have been waitlisted since february also. are they just losing track of things over there?

i'm sorry for your situation - that really REALLY sucks. i hope you can get it straightened out....
Cornell Law School, c/o 2010...

megs2828

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2007, 01:18:56 PM »
class is full... anticipate making offers... you get to keep waiting... we'll call you if we need you.  don't bug us though, peon.

Was that in an email or did you call? No email or phone call for me....I guess something's coming in the mail :(

waitlisted

• Sr. Citizen
  • Drool. Please note I am not AK47 on XO.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2007, 01:25:59 PM »

Was that in an email or did you call? No email or phone call for me....I guess something's coming in the mail :(

email.

stormandstress

• Sr. Citizen
  • ... im struggling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - paradigmidol
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2007, 01:36:42 PM »

they're sending out emails to the people who are still on the waitlist. the email said the class is full and they might call people for "phone interviews" but only if spaces open up because people make other plans or defer their admission. the email also said that some people were rejected from the waitlist.

STORMANDSTRESS- did you get an email like this? Or anyone else who knows they're remaining on the waitlist?

Yeah I just did.

They kind of ruined it for me yesterday, though. I was told over the phone by Cheryl (the lady who works at the front desk of the admissions office) that I would remain on the waitlist for the rest of summer.

So is this what I get for visiting you Penn? I really thought we had something going  :'(
Attending(?): WUSTL
Waitlist: UPenn
Withdrawn: GWU, Notre Dame

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2007, 01:38:23 PM »
Penn to me: DING. ???  Letter in the mail saying I'm not gettin an offer.

I was at least hoping they'd let me keep some false sense of hope and leave me on the WL forever :'(

I'm gonna go read some XOXO posts to feel better

ctown

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2007, 01:42:59 PM »

I was at least hoping they'd let me keep some false sense of hope and leave me on the WL forever :'(

marina913

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2007, 01:50:06 PM »

I'm sorry.  >:( We are all probably in the same boat. But we can be Cornell friends, ok?  :)
Cornell Law School, c/o 2010...