Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PENN LAW WAITLIST  (Read 20885 times)

megs2828

• View Profile
PENN LAW WAITLIST
« on: May 23, 2007, 10:09:20 PM »
I'm waitlisted at Penn after being on holdfile.... anybody with me?

marina913

• View Profile
Re: PENN LAW WAITLIST
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 01:39:06 PM »
I have been waitlisted at Penn for like going on five months now.  >:(

How are you feeling about your other choices (hoping you have at least one other good option).
Cornell Law School, c/o 2010...

megs2828

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 12:39:40 PM »
Not so sure what I'm going to do... if I don't get in off the waitlist I may consider reapplying. The thought of going through this gauntlet of a process again is quite disturbing but when it comes down to it I really want to go to penn and I feel like I'm so close!!

Sam P. Huntington

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 12:54:04 PM »
A friend of mine who is on the Penn waitlist said that she called the admissions office two days ago to ask about her status - she is going to a school ranked 70 or 80-something if Penn doesn't work out, so this is huge for her. They said that within the next 10 days, the school will be calling people who are on the waitlist with decisions - for some, but not all. So you might be accepted, denied or -- joy of joys -- not hear anything at all, which means that you're still on the waitlist. Hopefully the school will have the decency to email everyone with updates.
Boston College Law School Class of 2010

ljskate273

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 01:23:46 PM »
I keep thinking I'm over Penn, but then I read these threads in hopes of somehow getting in...happy w/ my current choice, but penn is ultimate dream school. if they really are going to updating applicants, i hope they give us ALL an update...waiting is agonizing.

Refused Party Program

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 02:48:37 PM »
I will admit that when I first heard I was waitlisted at Penn, I was pleasantly surprised because they are a super reach for me and they have been my first choice since I started thinking about law school. However, it seems that Penn has waitlisted A LOT of people this year and they have already admitted a few off the waitlist (according to LSN). Therefore, I feel for most of us, we shouldn't expect good news from them. I hate being overly negative about it, but I think very few (if any of us) are going to get in off the list.

That being said, I would love a status update, so reading that for at least some of us, there will be some sort of contact that is a positive. I guess we can still hold on to the dream. I would be surprised if WL/rejects got a phone call (or even an e-mail), so I would guess that calls are good news.

Also, I read a thread from a few cycles ago where Penn has offered some people options of attending the next year. I would take them up on that, I can wait a year.

waitlisted

• Sr. Citizen
  • Drool. Please note I am not AK47 on XO.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 10:55:32 PM »
Hoping and praying, haha.  Next ten days, huh.  Well then.  I expect my email rejection anyday now.

basal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 09:49:49 AM »
tag

somethingwitty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 10:00:29 PM »
another tag

lawschoolboundlady