Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PENN LAW WAITLIST  (Read 20372 times)

waitlisted

• Sr. Citizen
  • Drool. Please note I am not AK47 on XO.
    • View Profile
Re: PENN LAW WAITLIST
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2007, 02:00:49 PM »
at least you guys have some sort of closure.  i'm about to drop a ton of money on housing at GULC.  great.  *killself*

stormandstress

• Sr. Citizen
  • ... im struggling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - paradigmidol
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2007, 02:11:20 PM »
The hell with this.

I told Cornell yesterday that if they let me of reserve by the end of the week that I would accept.

I don't need any more of this baby-mama-drama from you, Penn.  >:(
Attending(?): WUSTL
Waitlist: UPenn
Withdrawn: GWU, Notre Dame

rjaksax417

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2007, 02:57:49 PM »
this is BS.  maybe the letter im about to receive in the mail is actually a blessing.

this way i can start my apartment hunt with no reservations.

1ah123n

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2007, 03:00:54 PM »
I got the email as well. Here is part of it:

"We have completed our review of all candidates on the waitlist. We have made a small number of admission offers and have released several applicants from the waitlist. If you are receiving this email, then we are offering you the opportunity to remain on the waitlist during the summer."

it goes on to say that they anticipate making just a few more offers over the summer which are contingent upon the # of deposited students who defer or make other plans for law school. If you want to stay on the waitlist, don't reply to the email. If they pick you for admission, they'll call you for a phone interview, and its important to keep an updated email and phone number in their records.

They then apologize for the amount of time this is taking. They will review the entire wait list again when a position opens up to make an offer.

In general, its a nice continued waitlist letter.God, I want to go to this school so bad.

sidenote: Does anyone know how to spell "waitlist"? Spell check says the word doesn't exist, so I feel like an idiot sometimes writing law schools using the word. Half of my schools spell it "wait list" instead of one word, so I don't know which is right.
*undecided* Class of 2010!

lawschoolboundlady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2007, 03:12:14 PM »
ahhhh I'm going crazy! I'm on 6 waitlists and they are all sending me letters like this! I'm considering withdrawing all of them for peace of mind but then i can't cause i want to go to these schools .. I"m going crazy...I want a T14 but at this point like whatever T25 is good enough for me.... anyone feeling similarly?

marina913

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2007, 03:42:42 PM »
I got the email as well. Here is part of it:

"We have completed our review of all candidates on the waitlist. We have made a small number of admission offers and have released several applicants from the waitlist. If you are receiving this email, then we are offering you the opportunity to remain on the waitlist during the summer."
it goes on to say that they anticipate making just a few more offers over the summer which are contingent upon the # of deposited students who defer or make other plans for law school. If you want to stay on the waitlist, don't reply to the email. If they pick you for admission, they'll call you for a phone interview, and its important to keep an updated email and phone number in their records.

They then apologize for the amount of time this is taking. They will review the entire wait list again when a position opens up to make an offer.

In general, its a nice continued waitlist letter.God, I want to go to this school so bad.

sidenote: Does anyone know how to spell "waitlist"? Spell check says the word doesn't exist, so I feel like an idiot sometimes writing law schools using the word. Half of my schools spell it "wait list" instead of one word, so I don't know which is right.

:'( no email for me. guess that means bad news.
Cornell Law School, c/o 2010...

darkside

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2007, 04:43:09 PM »
i got the email too.  damn.  ive still got 4 T14 waitlists goin on and i need to get off one!  how do you write a good LOCI at this point when you've spewed everything at them already?!

somethingwitty

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2007, 05:58:27 PM »
ding here too.  oh well.

clemens

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2007, 06:05:26 PM »
sorry. has everyone here been dinged by mail?

PEnnisSweet

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2007, 09:13:09 AM »
its funny, I got that email after I had already been called (last friday) and offered a spot. i asked to have a few days to think about it, so when i saw that email it freaked me out