Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Unconventional WL Idea  (Read 935 times)

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
Unconventional WL Idea
« on: May 23, 2007, 11:04:58 AM »
x

basal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Unconventional WL Idea
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 11:08:55 AM »
Got nothing to lose.

DDBY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 11:11:24 AM »
No, the admissions committess don't have a sense of humor.  If you do it it may get lost in translation.  It may work.  I wouldn't, I think these types are very conservative and are looking for direct and honest appeals.  Just write a letter about your committment to thier school, and why you belong there.  don't make it to long, and be sincere.

DDBY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 11:20:10 AM »
What the hell, go for it.  If you've thought it out.  Sometime you have to take a chance.  I would test it on some conservative (behaving) friends of your first to see what thier reaction is. 

Money, baby

• You make bunny cry...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 11:55:25 AM »
I say go for it, too, especially if they are reaches anyways. I agree that acting conservatively is usually best - but if you've got nothing to lose, it might make for an excellent story later on  ;D
"And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs. And you're thinking to yourself, you don't know what to do, man. "I don't know how to kill the bunny."

adc676

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 12:44:11 PM »
You ever hear about the fortune cookie personal statement (I think it was sent to USC)?  Each sentence was in its very own fortune cookie with a number on the back.  The admissions committee had to open each cookie and then assemble all of the pieces in order.  Creative, yes.  Annoying, yes.  Effective, not so much.

So long as it's not interactive I think it can't hurt, but I would certainly steer clear of glitter.

Money, baby

• You make bunny cry...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 01:01:30 PM »
You ever hear about the fortune cookie personal statement (I think it was sent to USC)?  Each sentence was in its very own fortune cookie with a number on the back.  The admissions committee had to open each cookie and then assemble all of the pieces in order.  Creative, yes.  Annoying, yes.  Effective, not so much.

THAT is awesome  :D

That might be the most creative one I've heard of. WAY back when, there was a girl who was waitlisted (for college, not law school) and showed up in the spring wearing a sandwich board that said, "Ask Me Why I Love Your School." She stood outside the dining hall and talked to students about herself and why she was so set on attending. She got accepted - but she was forever after known as Sandwich Board Girl...
"And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs. And you're thinking to yourself, you don't know what to do, man. "I don't know how to kill the bunny."

BelleFille

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 01:17:14 PM »
I want to see it!

Honestly, I say go for it... if it's in good taste it might just make you stand out.
Penn Law 2010

BelleFille

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 01:18:55 PM »
And I think sandwich board girl may have been William and Mary.  I could bt totally wrong.
Penn Law 2010

TrashCat

• Sr. Citizen
  • My job requires a certain... moral flexibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 01:23:07 PM »

THAT is awesome  :D

That might be the most creative one I've heard of. WAY back when, there was a girl who was waitlisted (for college, not law school) and showed up in the spring wearing a sandwich board that said, "Ask Me Why I Love Your School." She stood outside the dining hall and talked to students about herself and why she was so set on attending. She got accepted - but she was forever after known as Sandwich Board Girl...
[/b]

There are much worst nicknames to have in college  ;D