Law School Discussion

How did the retakers do this cycle?

How did the retakers do this cycle?
« on: May 22, 2007, 10:18:18 AM »
I'm interested in seeing how the retakers did this cycle.  I will be applying next cycle after taking the LSAT twice.

Also, did you receive any scholarships from your respective schools?

Thanks!

Re: How did the retakers do this cycle?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 10:24:47 AM »
I dont think I did that well.  I went from a 156 to a 169 on my two LSATs.  The highest school I was admitted to was CU Boulder which I will be attending.  I have been WL at Duke, Michigan, Vandy, and USC.  I think it would be a different story if I only had one score.  To be honest though, up until I got my second score Boulder was my dream school, so I cannot complain that I will end up there.

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 10:29:20 AM »
I dont think I did that well.  I went from a 156 to a 169 on my two LSATs.  The highest school I was admitted to was CU Boulder which I will be attending.  I have been WL at Duke, Michigan, Vandy, and USC.  I think it would be a different story if I only had one score.  To be honest though, up until I got my second score Boulder was my dream school, so I cannot complain that I will end up there.

Hmm, that surprises me. 

Why didn't you apply to Georgetown and some of the lower-ranked schools in the Top 14?  You would've had a decent chance. 

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 10:36:25 AM »
As far as I can tell, all schools took my highest.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 10:41:07 AM »
  I have been WL at Duke, Michigan, Vandy, and USC

Actually, I think they just looked at your higher LSAT skiier. A 169/3.44 is pretty much borderline acceptance at Duke and Michigan and even Vandy.

I had a slightly higher LSAT (took it once) and GPA and was waitlisted at Duke and Mich, among others. Was accepted at V.

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 12:45:05 PM »
163 -> 175.

Definitely helped my chances at all the schools, which from the looks of it all took my highest score only in consideration.

Got many scholarship offers that I'm certain I would not have gotten had I applied with only my lower score.  In fact, I'm certain I would not have gotten accepted, let alone been offered any scholarship money, at most of the schools I applied to.

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 04:59:13 PM »
3 LSATs -- 157, 165, 167, GPA 3.76, 2 years work experience

I got a great scholarship from GW so they were looking at the highest, as were Northwestern and Cornell. 

I think if I'd only had the highest score I might have gotten into a couple of the Duke, Virginia, Penn, Michigan group (especially as I just got a place of Penn's waitlist). 

And maybe my NYU / Columbia apps might have been WL instead of rejected.

Overall retaking, even the third time, helped me.

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 05:46:58 PM »
Got into CLS and UVA with big $, so those two definately look at your higher score.

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 08:39:36 PM »
I did awesome!  The first score was 163 and the second was a 174.  I've gotten into every school I applied to except 1 (a WL from Harvard).  I got into Columbia, Michigan, UPenn, Virginia, Duke, Georgetown, and WUSTL.  I also received merit $$ from each school.  Thanks you ABA rule change!!

TITCR

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 08:53:48 PM »
163 -> 175.

Definitely helped my chances at all the schools, which from the looks of it all took my highest score only in consideration.

Got many scholarship offers that I'm certain I would not have gotten had I applied with only my lower score.  In fact, I'm certain I would not have gotten accepted, let alone been offered any scholarship money, at most of the schools I applied to.

My 179 retake made my cycle, hands down. I wouldn't have been in the ballpark for any of the schools that offered me admission and scholarships with my 163. The speed of my acceptances and my scholarship offers would likely not have occured in the same way before the new ABA multi-score policy.

And Denny, sorry we won't be seeing you in Cambridge! :(