Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What's the deal with LR?  (Read 605 times)

firewalker

• Sr. Citizen
  • New York University
    • View Profile
What's the deal with LR?
« on: May 20, 2007, 09:26:57 PM »
I do marvelously on reading comp, and since reading the LG Bible, significantly better than before on LG.  However, LR seems to be owning my soul.  Any advice?

kevbar29

• AOL Instant Messenger - kevbar29
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What's the deal with LR?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 11:24:59 PM »
go over your wrong answers
Fall 08: Georgetown or BU (30k/yr)

antvenom13

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 11:31:50 PM »
Im in the same boat.....on my last diag (the third one ive taken) I got 16/22 on the games, 20/26 on the RC (both of these I think I can get a few more points)-- but on the args sections I got 16/26 and 17/26-- thats just not gonna cut it. What ive decided to do is initially focus on like 22-23 of the 26 questions and just try to get nearly all of those correct-- and also remember its OK to jump around to different questions-- scan the questions and see which ones look easy, have easy question tasks-- and leave "parallel the flaw" or "parallell the reasoning" for last, especially since they take like so long to read since they are suh long questions.

Garry Shandling

• Sr. Citizen
  • How's My Hair?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 11:36:54 PM »
Im in the same boat.....on my last diag (the third one ive taken) I got 16/22 on the games, 20/26 on the RC (both of these I think I can get a few more points)-- but on the args sections I got 16/26 and 17/26-- thats just not gonna cut it. What ive decided to do is initially focus on like 22-23 of the 26 questions and just try to get nearly all of those correct-- and also remember its OK to jump around to different questions-- scan the questions and see which ones look easy, have easy question tasks-- and leave "parallel the flaw" or "parallell the reasoning" for last, especially since they take like so long to read since they are suh long questions.

You'll have plenty of time to study for the September test.
I hope steve.jd and CS4L hang out at Harvard.  The combined gravitic pull of their prestige-egos will put (everyone) into orbit.  After a short time, they will all collapse upon each other creating the first man made black hole...

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 12:19:27 AM »
Slowing down helped me a lot. For some reason I was always in a rush, and would finish LR with several minutes left, and then would have to go back over the problems I found difficult after finishing the rest of the section. By slowing down (and going over the questions I got wrong,) I went from missing 4-6 to missing 1-3.

firewalker

• Sr. Citizen
  • New York University
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 12:43:06 AM »

Yeah, that seems like a good plan.

firewalker

• Sr. Citizen
  • New York University
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 12:44:55 AM »
Slowing down helped me a lot. For some reason I was always in a rush, and would finish LR with several minutes left, and then would have to go back over the problems I found difficult after finishing the rest of the section. By slowing down (and going over the questions I got wrong,) I went from missing 4-6 to missing 1-3.

Even so, it seems like I've hit a glass ceiling for both LR and Games, which is actually pretty goddamn annoying.  I'm beginning to think you either know it or don't.  :/

firewalker

• Sr. Citizen
  • New York University
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 01:10:00 AM »

Even so, it seems like I've hit a glass ceiling for both LR and Games, which is actually pretty goddamn annoying.  I'm beginning to think you either know it or don't.  :/
hey firewalker
not glad to see you back
please try and keep your crap on the OTB
did you ever move out of the basement?

You mean, out of my dorm?  Yes.

drew617

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 02:05:11 AM »

I can relate to that.  I rushed through a test a few days ago, finishing each section with a few minutes to spare.  I took another test today, pacing myself so I just finished each section in time.  My overall score was 10 pts higher.