Law School Discussion

the NBA Playoffs

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
Re: the NBA Playoffs
« Reply #240 on: June 15, 2007, 12:23:18 AM »
who cares.  thats like a chess player saying could kasparov put you in check fifteen times straight without taking any pawns????  duh,,,the point of the game is checkmate/ teh win Kobe!!  just because he has succeeded in scoring a ridiculous number of points with a nice fg percentage in no games that matter and to no end in particular...I say, so?  

"Who said pippen was BETTER than Jordan? I only said Pippen MADE Jordan...meaning without PIP, not titles for Jordan meaning he WOULD NOT be considered the GOAT. Understand that?"

put any 20 point wing man there and you Jordan is Jordan.  Pippen is not Pippen without Jordan.  Pippen was a sufficient but not necessary condition for those studying the LSAT

« Reply #241 on: June 15, 2007, 12:23:45 AM »
Do you remember that pippen took the bulls to the playoffs without Jordan?  And he averaged a career high that year...they were a playoff team without jordan...

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 15, 2007, 12:25:13 AM »
Pippen is definately the best defensive player ever in the NBA (for a guard/forward)....and one of the most complete....

rodman, ben wallace, mutumbo, jordan, russell to name a few...even payton was sick

edit: didnt see the guard forward condition

« Reply #243 on: June 15, 2007, 12:25:22 AM »
Careful....Jordan would not have been able to stick the best player and still produce on the offensive side of the court...Don't forget how important pippen was on defense with those long arms....My point is hell yea kobe should shoot if he is 20/30...Why not?

« Reply #244 on: June 15, 2007, 12:26:22 AM »
Yes but pippen at 6-6 could stick a variety of players...One of the few players from back than who could play in this league today...He would be my first choice to guard a lebron, wade or kobe...

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 15, 2007, 12:26:44 AM »
Do you remember that pippen took the bulls to the playoffs without Jordan?  And he averaged a career high that year...they were a playoff team without jordan...

no...they were three time champions with jordan.  and when he left, they still had everything jordan imbued them with it did not just go away.  still, they lost.

Kirk Lazarus

• I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 15, 2007, 12:27:26 AM »
now people can get off lebrons's balls

please.  Iverson took his team to L.A. and managed one win...in his mid-twenties.  Iverson was and is revered because with his team it was huge achievement.  what do people expect from LBJ?  The kids a baller.  His wing man is gimpy 75 percent of the time.  put any consistent 20 point per game guy neto him and we are singing a different tune.

Iverson won a game against the best playoff team in NBA history. I think the difference is obvious.

::) ::) ::)

I like the Lakers, but...

15-1....objectively the best playoff team in NBA history. Hate it.

"Objectively"?  Did you SERIOUSLY just say that?  As if there's something like an "objectively best playoff team in history" in ANY sport. 

DUDE.  Get REAL.

Record wise...OBJECTIVELY, foo!

Not even the 72 Jordan team can claim that.

Dude, "objective" doesn't EXIST when you say "best playoff team".  It's a value judgement, plain and simple. 

You could say "playoff team that won a title with the fewest losses".  But then you'd have to explain their opponents and compare it to other potential candidates. 

"Objective"!  I'm STILL laughing.  hahahah

Either you don't watch basketball or you're just flame. Only you and John hollinger would say the 2001 Lakers were not the best playoff team ever.

Now best finals team is another story...but best playoff team ever...dude this is almost as universal as the Logo being Jerry West.

I shouldn't expect any better from a guy who thought wilt won without another dominant star.

« Reply #247 on: June 15, 2007, 12:27:37 AM »
who cares.  thats like a chess player saying could kasparov put you in check fifteen times straight without taking any pawns????  duh,,,the point of the game is checkmate/ teh win Kobe!!  just because he has succeeded in scoring a ridiculous number of points with a nice fg percentage in no games that matter and to no end in particular...I say, so?   

"Who said pippen was BETTER than Jordan? I only said Pippen MADE Jordan...meaning without PIP, not titles for Jordan meaning he WOULD NOT be considered the GOAT. Understand that?"

put any 20 point wing man there and you Jordan is Jordan.  Pippen is not Pippen without Jordan.  Pippen was a sufficient but not necessary condition for those studying the LSAT

Madness,

You need to teach these fools.

You speak the truth. Pippen was a piece that was missing in the puzzle for Jordan to win that title. But that piece was plentiful. Make no mistake about it, had Pippen not come to the bulls, the Bulls could have secured another 20 8 8 guy and won the same. No disrespect to Pip. Just saying Pip was replacable and Jordan was irreplacable.

« Reply #248 on: June 15, 2007, 12:28:03 AM »
Jordan wasnt there to help them get to the playoffs...and he wasnt there to help pippen average 23...

Kirk Lazarus

• I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 15, 2007, 12:28:55 AM »

no...they were three time champions with jordan.  and when he left, they still had everything jordan imbued them with it did not just go away.  still, they lost.

Jordan would have lost if pippen got taken away. How are you not seeing this?