Law School Discussion

the NBA Playoffs

Re: the NBA Playoffs
« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2007, 12:17:54 AM »
Kobe is our era...He is our Jordan...Kobe would bust Jordan's ass right now...He did in the all star game which people thought was disrespectful...lol

Astro

• Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 15, 2007, 12:18:24 AM »
Can't compare basketball with marketing.  Jordan is basketball, but he would not have won a single ring without Scottie Pippen.  Every championship team has two good players....Name a team who had one player and that was it?

Any team with Wilt*?

*just a guess -- too lazy to check

Kirk Lazarus

• I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 15, 2007, 12:18:43 AM »
now people can get off lebrons's balls

please.  Iverson took his team to L.A. and managed one win...in his mid-twenties.  Iverson was and is revered because with his team it was huge achievement.  what do people expect from LBJ?  The kids a baller.  His wing man is gimpy 75 percent of the time.  put any consistent 20 point per game guy neto him and we are singing a different tune.

Iverson won a game against the best playoff team in NBA history. I think the difference is obvious.

::) ::) ::)

I like the Lakers, but...

15-1....objectively the best playoff team in NBA history. Hate it.

"Objectively"?  Did you SERIOUSLY just say that?  As if there's something like an "objectively best playoff team in history" in ANY sport. 

DUDE.  Get REAL.

Record wise...OBJECTIVELY, foo!

Not even the 72 Jordan team can claim that.

« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2007, 12:19:02 AM »
Could lebron score 50 points and be 50 percent from the field?  Kobe was 50 percent in almost every single one of those games..

Kirk Lazarus

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2007, 12:19:45 AM »
Can't compare basketball with marketing.  Jordan is basketball, but he would not have won a single ring without Scottie Pippen.  Every championship team has two good players....Name a team who had one player and that was it?

Any team with Wilt*?

*just a guess -- too lazy to check

All credibilty lost.

« Reply #235 on: June 15, 2007, 12:20:04 AM »
For GOD sakes, you guys are missing possibly the silliest comment in history.

Some dude said Pippen meant more to the bulls than Jordan.

Astro

• Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2007, 12:20:47 AM »
now people can get off lebrons's balls

please.  Iverson took his team to L.A. and managed one win...in his mid-twenties.  Iverson was and is revered because with his team it was huge achievement.  what do people expect from LBJ?  The kids a baller.  His wing man is gimpy 75 percent of the time.  put any consistent 20 point per game guy neto him and we are singing a different tune.

Iverson won a game against the best playoff team in NBA history. I think the difference is obvious.

::) ::) ::)

I like the Lakers, but...

15-1....objectively the best playoff team in NBA history. Hate it.

"Objectively"?  Did you SERIOUSLY just say that?  As if there's something like an "objectively best playoff team in history" in ANY sport. 

DUDE.  Get REAL.

Record wise...OBJECTIVELY, foo!

Not even the 72 Jordan team can claim that.

Dude, "objective" doesn't EXIST when you say "best playoff team".  It's a value judgement, plain and simple. 

You could say "playoff team that won a title with the fewest losses".  But then you'd have to explain their opponents and compare it to other potential candidates. 

"Objective"!  I'm STILL laughing.  hahahah

« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2007, 12:21:22 AM »
Not saying he meant more, but they didn't win any rings until pippen came...Without Pippen, there would have been no bulls, and vice versa with jordan...Pippen is a NBA 50 great for a reason...

Kirk Lazarus

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 15, 2007, 12:21:32 AM »
just a reminder of why kobe is a whiny little female dog, and is the only LOSER with 3 rings.  2004 finals stats:

Kobe Bryant  5  5 46.2 .381 .174 .920 .40 2.40 2.80 4.4 1.80 .60 3.60 3.00 22.6

17% from three point line?? and you know he jacked up at least 50.  4 assists for one of their primary ballhandlers who had shaq much less.  christ..38 percent from the field??? 3.6 turnovers ughh almost a 1 to 1 assist to ratio..ughshaq had nearly as many assists.  2.8 rebs..at 6'8 christ

pippen made jordan..ahahahahahha...either flame, or coming from someone who only watched the bulls on the espn classic.  you must not remember "scotties" headaches that he used to get and have to leave the game because the pistons beat his ass up so bad.  jordan made scottie.  it was jordans toughness that rubbed off on scottie and made him respectable.  jordan would get knocked down so bad everytime he hit the lane against those guys it made me his number one fan as a little tot almost cry when it happened.  you are mmore believable with the kobe lebron sh*t and have exceeded your reach here.

Can you believe that guy?  ???

Pippen better than Jordan?  :-X

Who said pippen was BETTER than Jordan? I only said Pippen MADE Jordan...meaning without PIP, not titles for Jordan meaning he WOULD NOT be considered the GOAT. Unless you give Kobe a top 50 player of all time and a top 3 perimeter defender, I fail to see how Jordan is such a better winner and leader than the Kobester.

« Reply #239 on: June 15, 2007, 12:22:40 AM »
Pippen is definately the best defensive player ever in the NBA (for a guard/forward)....and one of the most complete....