Law School Discussion

the NBA Playoffs

Re: the NBA Playoffs
« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2007, 11:41:13 PM »
Three things that Kobe can do but Lebron can't...

1.) Shoot the ball (Kobe shoots pure, and is a way better from behind the arc)

2.) Defense (Lebron has horrible defense.  Granted he is a lot bigger...)

3.) Free throws (Must get better)

Stand under my Umbrella ella ella, aye!!

• Exhibiting the discipline necessary for Law School
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 14, 2007, 11:42:43 PM »
one game???  and AI had a better team.  Mutumbo when he was still wagging his finger.  Snow when he was d'ing suckers up and good for ten or twelve, and a pretty versatile McKie.  LeBron was years younger all by his lonesome.  And the Spurs are a pretty freaking strong team.  Lebron and the Cavs had there chances to take one or two. Hes too young.  We can argue all day about the best player in the league, but saying people should get off LBJ's nuts is ridiculous.  hes one of the best things the NBA has going right now, and no one can argue with that     

except we can all argue with it. If Lebron is so great, how come nobody watched the series? If Lebron is so great, how come he couldn't even get 1 game? If Lebron is so great how come it took him 90 shots to get 88 points? If Lebron is so great how come he averaged 5+ turnovers this series? If lebron is so great, how come he couldn't elevate his team to play at a higher level?

Whatever the difference level between this years Cavs and the 2001 Sixers is, it is more than made up for by the ABSOLUTE dominance of the 2001 Lakers which were a MUCH MUCH MUCH better team than the 2006-2007 Spurs.

Be real son, if Lebron was in the west, he'd be home the first week in May.

Spurs.  Two teams from bad markets in the finals makes for bad ratings obviously.  make the finals charlotte (similar market to cleveland) and san anton and the ratings would have been a quarter that.  Lebron salvaged what little ratings they did have.

but not when you factor in the sixers won ONE GAME DUDE!! you act like they made it competitive.  I'd say Lebrons accomplishments this season rival AI's from 01 and are all the more impressive because Lebron is younger.

I repeat.  Lebron is a 22 year old, humble guy, with no rape charges, crowd fights, or chronic injuries.  He makes his team better and damn near averaged a triple double in his second year in the league while being near 30ppg.  What are you arguing about?  Are you saying Lebron is not one of the best things the NBA has going right now?  Are you kidding me?  People were on Jordans nuts way before he won a title.  what, people are supposed to stop sending praises lebrons way because he lost his first finals appearence?  you must have been one of those cats like, " man get off jordans nuts this the 3rd time he lost in the playoffs"  come on.  get some perspective.  the kid is great.  the KID is great.  give him time to grow.  this is a learning experience.  

One thing Lebron can do that Kobe cant - play with teammates.  thanks for coming

« Reply #202 on: June 14, 2007, 11:46:35 PM »
Madness,

You misinterpreted my post. I agree that Lebron is a great player. I believe he has an extremely bright future.

I just hated how everyone ( bandwagon fans and the media) were quickly hyping him up as the "official MJ replacement" once he had that breakout game in Detoit.

Truth of the matter is, Lebron James has aspects of his game that need work to be compared to the greatest of all time. Of course, he is only 22 so he has the potential. But, I strongly become agitated whenever a player has a strong or break out game or series, or season even, and then all of a sudden, we start hearing "the Next MJ" talk.

Here is the bottom line. Right Now in the NBA, Love him or Hate him, Kobe is the closest anyone has ever come to Jordan. But Kobe doesn't come close.

one game???  and AI had a better team.  Mutumbo when he was still wagging his finger.  Snow when he was d'ing suckers up and good for ten or twelve, and a pretty versatile McKie.  LeBron was years younger all by his lonesome.  And the Spurs are a pretty freaking strong team.  Lebron and the Cavs had there chances to take one or two. Hes too young.  We can argue all day about the best player in the league, but saying people should get off LBJ's nuts is ridiculous.  hes one of the best things the NBA has going right now, and no one can argue with that     

« Reply #203 on: June 14, 2007, 11:48:40 PM »
Lebron is great...and may be the greatest come years down the line.  Right now Kobe is clearly the best.  You can't expect Lebron to win with the supporting cast he has.  Every team who has won a championship has had two great players or a few good players.  Lebron has nothing...Just like Kobe has nothing right now...

« Reply #204 on: June 14, 2007, 11:49:49 PM »
I know you guys are going to jump on me...But I think Kobe is just as good as Jordan was....

Kirk Lazarus

• I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 14, 2007, 11:52:40 PM »
I know you guys are going to jump on me...But I think Kobe is just as good as Jordan was....

Skill wise Kobe is better. This much has been conceded by nearly anyone who actually watches basketball.

Offensively - Kobe's better because of his superior range and shooting; FG% is deceiving because Jordan got the benefit of calls when he missed shots that Kobe can't get. Refs swallow the whistle on Kobe.

Defensively - Jordan is much better.

Kobe needs to figure out how to win some rings like now to have any shot of being as great as MJ....but skillwise, I'd take Kobe 100/100 times.

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 14, 2007, 11:53:14 PM »

if we are talking one on one..yeah, kobe probably would have tagged michaels ass.  I dont deny that.  hes bigger stronger and is a better shooter.  but put four teammates on the court, and 5 opponents, no way kobe is better than michael.  michael was a winner plain and simple.  michael does not lose that finals series against detroit.  

Kirk Lazarus

• I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 14, 2007, 11:56:24 PM »

if we are talking one on one..yeah, kobe probably would have tagged michaels ass.  I dont deny that.  hes bigger stronger and is a better shooter.  but put four teammates on the court, and 5 opponents, no way kobe is better than michael.  michael was a winner plain and simple.  michael does not lose that finals series against detroit.  

LMAO...right. Someone needs to look at Jordan's career prior to getting Pippen. In fact, speaking of detroit, Jordan had his ass handed to him by that same franchise like 3 years in a row. Kobe's only been the sole leader of his team for 3 years now. Thus, they're both equal on that front in terms of chronological experience.

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 14, 2007, 11:59:10 PM »
Michael gets the ball to shaq and does not let whatever chip is on on his shoulder cause his teammates the championship (poor karl malone).  Lakers should have won that f-ing series and every b-ball fan knows kobe blew that *&^%.

« Reply #209 on: June 15, 2007, 12:00:19 AM »

I am gonna let that comment go.

You really didn't know better.  ;D

No one understands how DIFFICULT it is to win a title without a legitimate big man.

Seriously, Shaq made Kobes life so easy. He made Kobe shine.

Until Kobe can win and lead a team to a title alone, I cannot classify him as a legitimate candidate for Jordan level status.

When I classified Kobe as the closest to MJ, that is because he has the athletic ability MJ had. He does not have, however, the defensive mindset. He also does not have that Basketball IQ that jordan had. Jordan knew how to make everyone else around him better. For God sakes, he made bill wennington, luc longley, bill cartwright, etc LEGITMATE big men.

Scottie Pippen is among the NBA's 50 greatest player. Why? Because he played alongside Michael Jordan? Do you think Scottie would have been on that list had he not been playing with MJ? Nope. He would have been throwing chairs into the crowd ala the year 1994.