Law School Discussion

the NBA Playoffs

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
Re: the NBA Playoffs
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2007, 11:42:33 AM »

The King could only pull a 7.9....lowest rated game 1 of the NBA Finals EVER....damn, either the spurs are like kryptonite to viewers or the NBA is in decline.

Or maybe they should just pencil in the Lakers by default next year...damn.

The Spurs are boring.

« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2007, 11:44:54 AM »
The Spurs are boring.

We prefer the term "fundamental"  ;)

Astro

• Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 08, 2007, 11:51:59 AM »

The King could only pull a 7.9....lowest rated game 1 of the NBA Finals EVER....damn, either the spurs are like kryptonite to viewers or the NBA is in decline.

Or maybe they should just pencil in the Lakers by default next year...damn.

The Spurs are boring.

TITCR

If it wasn't for LeBron, ratings would've been below 7.

« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2007, 11:55:56 AM »

Well if thats the case, this wouldn't have been the worst opening for the Finals ever. The Spurs have won 4 titles in the past 9 years, so if the Spurs were the problem, wouldn't one of those Final series have been the worst ever? Not to mention, the way Lebron shot in Game 1, he can't even save his own team, let alone the ratings.

Kirk Lazarus

• I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2007, 12:05:08 PM »

Well if thats the case, this wouldn't have been the worst opening for the Finals ever. The Spurs have won 4 titles in the past 9 years, so if the Spurs were the problem, wouldn't one of those Final series have been the worst ever? Not to mention, the way Lebron shot in Game 1, he can't even save his own team, let alone the ratings.

exactly....

+1

Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 08, 2007, 12:05:16 PM »

Dude, that was no comment on the game itself.

People want to see LeBron.  Nobody but you wants to see the Spurs.  Nobody wants to see the rest of the Cavs, either. 

The reason people don't want to see the Spurs is precisely because they had to suffer them three times previously.  Case dismissed, clown.

« Reply #156 on: June 08, 2007, 01:04:03 PM »
Nobody but you wants to see the Spurs.

And you're basing this on...... ???

Case dismissed, clown.

Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2007, 01:19:28 PM »
Nah.  I still think Duncan would've dominated -- he's got so many facets to his game, he would've adapted.  I agree with the rest, though.

« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2007, 01:30:53 PM »
All jokes aside, I don't get the boring thing. I love NBA basketball as a whole more than I like the Spurs. That said, I know the Spurs aren't the most exciting team in the league, but who really is? Besides the Suns and maybe the Warriors on good nights, there are no exciting teams. There are exciting players (James, Kobe, Carter, McGrady, Arenas etc.) but there's really no team that is exciting. Even if you feel so, it can be personal opinion. Some might find 3 pointers exciting, whereas someone else is excited by crisp passes. Who's to say?

And to all the people saying how grimy and dirty the Spurs are, wise up. It's called defense, something the NBA has been forgetting about lately. And in the end, don't blame the Spurs for getting away with calls. Isn't that what the refs are paid for? Blame them.

Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2007, 01:32:44 PM »
Duncan's basketball intelligence dictates that he would've found something that works.

Defensively, I see him getting beat on more, but still being very effective.  And he would've been a good rebounder even as a center.