Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bill Maher? Yay or Nay?  (Read 3892 times)

foxnewssucks

Bill Maher? Yay or Nay?
« on: September 17, 2004, 11:55:07 PM »

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Bill Maher? Yay or Nay?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 11:59:23 PM »
MY GOSH NAY!  He makes my skin crawl faster than any human being on the planet.

He wasn't "politically incorrect", he trumpeted every PC cause.  He was simply rude and obnoxious.
One of my friends claims O'Reilly has a similar effect on him (and I can see similarity in tone).
3.8/155

foxnewssucks

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 12:01:19 AM »
not sure about PC causes... he mainly wants to legalize drugs, hehe.

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 12:03:21 AM »
They need to get a redneck to run a show called "politically incorrect", not a diehard liberal.  If they wanted to call it "politically correct and rude" Maher would be the man.
3.8/155

foxnewssucks

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 12:04:24 AM »
he can be rude, but I do not really see the PC thing... I mean... Disney did fire him off of ABC for saying some un-pc things.

M2

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2004, 12:05:08 AM »
I say "yay", but most people here would paint me as liberal anyway so i guess its obvious.

Bisquick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2004, 12:06:38 AM »
he can be rude, but I do not really see the PC thing... I mean... Disney did fire him off of ABC for saying some un-pc things.

Perhaps, I'd classify what he said to get fired as ignorant, but I'm biased (since I can't stand him).
3.8/155

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2004, 12:21:35 AM »
I think he is entertaining.  Don't give a *&^% about his political views just as I don't about Rush Limbaugh who I also find entertaining.  Both are doing their job, to enterain you.  You don't have to believe in what they say, because what they say is so ludricrous it has to piss off people, which then makes you controversial, which in turns make's your ratings go up. 
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

M2

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2004, 12:24:46 AM »
I think he is entertaining.  Don't give a *&^% about his political views just as I don't about Rush Limbaugh who I also find entertaining.  Both are doing their job, to enterain you.  You don't have to believe in what they say, because what they say is so ludricrous it has to piss off people, which then makes you controversial, which in turns make's your ratings go up. 

For once I agree with Swifty.

I actually like listening to Rush even though I think almost everything he says is stupid.
These guys are great entertainers...thats it

foxnewssucks

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2004, 12:25:20 AM »
What do you guys think about Sean Hannity?