Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Lenovo vs. thoseotherguys  (Read 57265 times)

RedWine

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Lenovo vs. thoseotherguys
« Reply #570 on: July 08, 2007, 06:35:22 PM »
Waningdelusion, I think that if you change your mind about the warranty, you have up to 90 days to add an extended one.  I remember some people on the Thinkpad Forum mentioning that they added the warranty later.

My UGPA was Pi

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 08, 2007, 07:54:10 PM »

I just got the email that says my thinkpad was shipped.  Does anyone remember how soon after you got the email that you received the laptop?

I ordered a thinkpad almost identical to yours on the same day as you and got a shipping notice this morning.  The UPS tracker shows delivery scheduled for Tuesday, 7/10.  I hope it's accurate.  I'm in Los Angeles, so that probably minimizes ground transportation. 

It's accurate.  It will land in Ontario and be out for delivery within a few hours of that.  At least, that's how mine came.  I thought the delivery estimate was pretty quick, but it made it.

stormandstress

• Sr. Citizen
  • ... im struggling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - paradigmidol
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 09, 2007, 01:40:37 AM »
These pc speaker noises are driving me crazy.

Is there a way to disable thinkpad beeps without entering bios? I disabled the multiple-key beep in device manager but I can't get my thikpad to stop beeping when I open or close the lid.

Anyone?
Attending(?): WUSTL
Waitlist: UPenn
Withdrawn: GWU, Notre Dame

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 09, 2007, 07:08:28 PM »

I just got the email that says my thinkpad was shipped.  Does anyone remember how soon after you got the email that you received the laptop?

I ordered a thinkpad almost identical to yours on the same day as you and got a shipping notice this morning.  The UPS tracker shows delivery scheduled for Tuesday, 7/10.  I hope it's accurate.  I'm in Los Angeles, so that probably minimizes ground transportation. 

It's accurate.  It will land in Ontario and be out for delivery within a few hours of that.  At least, that's how mine came.  I thought the delivery estimate was pretty quick, but it made it.

Super!!!  Thanks for the info.  ;D

As of 8:42 this morning, mine was in KY...the state, not the lube.

Odyssey3

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 09, 2007, 08:14:36 PM »
I am struggling a bit as far as whether or not to get the WXGA+ screen or the WXGA screen (T61). It is my understanding that the 4th of July sale ends today (7/9) and I am therefore hoping to place my order tonight...we'll see.

Can anyone please comment on their impressions/experiences/thoughts on these two screeens? Has anyone seen them both to compare? Can anyone that has either please share their impressions.

Thank you very much!

donvito

• Sr. Citizen
  • Just drifting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 09, 2007, 08:22:49 PM »
I am struggling a bit as far as whether or not to get the WXGA+ screen or the WXGA screen (T61). It is my understanding that the 4th of July sale ends today (7/9) and I am therefore hoping to place my order tonight...we'll see.

Can anyone please comment on their impressions/experiences/thoughts on these two screeens? Has anyone seen them both to compare? Can anyone that has either please share their impressions.

Thank you very much!

i personally like the WXGA+ screen.  i just like having the extra screen real estate.  the fonts are obviously a bit smaller, but you can fix that by making the text bigger in your web browser and zooming in to like 125% in MS Word.
Mr. Braddock: Would you mind telling me then what those four years of college were for? What was the point of all that hard work?
Ben Braddock: You got me.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 09, 2007, 08:27:39 PM »
I just bought my X61s today.  Estimated ship date is July 26.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

jdhu

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #577 on: July 09, 2007, 09:06:36 PM »
Regarding the T61s, to ensure dual channel ram speed, all you have to do is put the sticks of ram in the same color slots correct? 

I don't have my t61 yet, but I believe there are 4 ram slots...either numbered or color-coded.  It is just a matter or putting both sticks into either slots 1 or 2 right?

Also, people say that it is best to have identical ram, ie same manufacturer, is this really necessary??

Odyssey3

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 09, 2007, 09:10:30 PM »
i personally like the WXGA+ screen.  i just like having the extra screen real estate.  the fonts are obviously a bit smaller, but you can fix that by making the text bigger in your web browser and zooming in to like 125% in MS Word.

Thank you donvito...I really appreciate your help!

donvito, when you make these adjustments (make the text bigger), how do you find character quality? Are the letters/numbers/lines(Excel) sharp and clear like on a desktop or do you find the "print" a little "fragile" looking (sorry about the word "fragile"...I am trying to find out if the text looks good and can't think of quite the right word).

The reason I ask is, I have not been able to find a T61 screen to look at, only a T60 at Best Buy. So unfortunately I have not been able to see a WXGA+ or a WXGA to examine. Although different, I did recently see a D420 (12" screen). The text and images were quite small. When I enlarged them-- while they became a little larger, the letter quality was not particularly good...it was a little like using a digital zoom on a camera (blowing-up a captured image as opposed to enlarging the actual image). The characters were not clear, but instead presented as if a "blown-up" version of the original (not bold and sharp). Not a big deal if used occassionally, but not ideal to look at on a permanent basis.

Thank you very much donvito for your help...it is very much appreciated!

My UGPA was Pi

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 09, 2007, 10:37:48 PM »
Regarding the T61s, to ensure dual channel ram speed, all you have to do is put the sticks of ram in the same color slots correct? 

I don't have my t61 yet, but I believe there are 4 ram slots...either numbered or color-coded.  It is just a matter or putting both sticks into either slots 1 or 2 right?

Also, people say that it is best to have identical ram, ie same manufacturer, is this really necessary??

There are only two slots in the T61.