Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Lenovo vs. thoseotherguys  (Read 57136 times)

utexas

• View Profile
Re: Lenovo vs. thoseotherguys
« Reply #540 on: July 02, 2007, 09:14:43 PM »
The visa discount still works (it reduced my set up by $75). Does anybody know if other discounts such as fat wallet still work? if so, how do you get it?

Odyssey3

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 03, 2007, 12:38:27 AM »
I posted earlier that a Lenovo rep sugggested that I avoid the 14.1 WXGA+ TFT screen for the T61 if the primary use is for reading text and numbers...to instead go with the 14.1 WXGA TFT screen (the print is larger and clearer).

Can anyone comment on their experience? Thank you.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 03, 2007, 12:53:00 AM »
I posted earlier that a Lenovo rep sugggested that I avoid the 14.1 WXGA+ TFT screen for the T61 if the primary use is for reading text and numbers...to instead go with the 14.1 WXGA TFT screen (the print is larger and clearer).

I saw that post after I ordered my T61 with the 14.1 WXGA+ TFT screen.  I'm a little worried about that now.  I would also appreciate any comments.  Also, would I even be able to change my order?

donvito

• Sr. Citizen
  • Just drifting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 03, 2007, 02:12:01 AM »
i dont really have an issue reading the text on my t61 with wxga+.  i personally think there is no difference if i increase the font size in my web browser or magnified view in Word.  i personally like having a little bit more desktop space anyways. 
Mr. Braddock: Would you mind telling me then what those four years of college were for? What was the point of all that hard work?
Ben Braddock: You got me.

stormandstress

• Sr. Citizen
  • ... im struggling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - paradigmidol
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 03, 2007, 03:12:13 AM »

As piggly wiggly said, the + indicates that the screen is capable of higher possible screen resolution than the non + models; things look sharper but smaller in higher resolutions.

If you think the text on your screen is too small you can always just decrease the resolution by changing the display preferences.
Attending(?): WUSTL
Waitlist: UPenn
Withdrawn: GWU, Notre Dame

n/a

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 03, 2007, 03:20:14 AM »
It's not true for Word or Firefox/IE (try it right now on your browser: ctrl key + mouse wheel to zoom in).

Holy dogshit, thats WILD.... and I thought I knew about computers.

stormandstress

• Sr. Citizen
  • ... im struggling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - paradigmidol
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 03, 2007, 05:08:25 AM »
It's not true for Word or Firefox/IE (try it right now on your browser: ctrl key + mouse wheel to zoom in).

Holy dogshit, thats WILD.... and I thought I knew about computers.

You sound like I did when I learned about Windows Key + D. My laziness on the job increased tenfold.
Attending(?): WUSTL
Waitlist: UPenn
Withdrawn: GWU, Notre Dame

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 03, 2007, 08:26:44 AM »
i just configured my bluetooth mouse to scroll through in aero mode....it is friggin awesome...i like.

Princeton Law 2010

Odyssey3

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 03, 2007, 02:07:33 PM »
The bit about things looking fuzzy or whatever if you magnify is rubbish.  It's true, for example, for a picture scanned at a set dpi.  It's not true for Word or Firefox/IE (try it right now on your browser: ctrl key + mouse wheel to zoom in).

I am only repeating what the Lenovo customer rep told me, but she said she uses both types of screens WXGA+ and WXGA on T61s. Her feelings were that when working with Excel and Word documents, with WXGA+ the numbers/words were small and more difficult to read. That you could of course make them larger, but then the image/letters/numbers/lines were not as clear or "defined". She had been or was (can't recall) a graduate student and she said this was something she was particularly sensitive of. She felt the WXGA+'s strengths were in graphics not text.

Again I don't have any personal experience with these screens, but it had me questioning what to do which is why I am curious about other people's experiences. I know I have seen Dell's D420 (12" screen) and while a very nice little laptop, the native text and image size would not be pleasant to be staring at for long periods of time each day. True, it can be made larger, but it does come at the expense of clarity (crispness). I was hoping this was not the case with the WXGA+ screen...thus my curiosity regarding other people's personal experience with these screens.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #549 on: July 03, 2007, 04:53:58 PM »
tag
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.