Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CRIMINAL RECORD  (Read 1656 times)

REGRET

• View Profile
    • Email
CRIMINAL RECORD
« on: May 20, 2007, 12:56:06 PM »
Hello Everyone:

Please do not judge me, from what I am about to say. I am a Canadian Citizen, and I am planning to apply to the US schools. But I have only one concern, about my past in the US. almost 5 years ago, I was deported from the US to Canada for working on unofficial documents. I was stupid, that I did something like that, but back then my mental status was the greatest because of my family and financial situation. Anyhow, my question for you guys is, after completing my 3 years of law school in the US, would any state allow me to write Bar Exam. Is there a time frame after which your past record goes away. Please answer if you can.
Regards.

cantmakeupmymind

• all the makeup in the world//cant make up my mind
    • MSN Messenger - jcygordon@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: CRIMINAL RECORD
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 02:25:14 PM »
I'm not sure how long it will be before your recrod is erased, if it can be erased at all. Have you tried posting on the US boards? Someone there would probably know better since the issue is more about criminal records in general.
.:**:..:**:.cantmakeupmymind.:**:..**:.

Reesespbcup

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yay summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 02:50:05 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, you can contact the state bar association to which you plan to apply and ask them for a preliminary "ruling" (not sure that's the appropriate term). If I were you, I would try calling them and asking whether there is such a procedure. I just think I remember that in dealing with the FL bar assoc.
The hottest chicks go to UMiami

ljg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 10:41:44 AM »
If you were deported from the US for criminal reasons, will you even be able to re-enter for law school?? Just a thought...