Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: (I am 1/4th Jewish) Could that help establish me as a minority  (Read 9183 times)

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: (I am 1/4th Jewish) Could that help establish me as a minority
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2007, 06:00:55 PM »
Well, it's not like AA requires you to be disadvantaged at all. If you grew up on Upper East Side with a surgeon mom and lawyer dad, you're still getting the wiggle room. Sadly :(

Oh for @#!*'s sake Keno.  I hate to bring any sensibility to such a stupid thread, but if you're going to make it stupider I'm going t have to hit you.  Class is not the only metric of advantage out there and rich black people face problems that rich white people do not just as poor black people face problems that poor white people do not.  It's not like you've ever established yourself as a decently intelligent person on this board, but try to recognize that race and class are different thing.  Or at least shut up.  Shutting up would be good too.

«ě»

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2007, 06:12:39 PM »
I don't like shutting up. And while class may not be the only disadvantage, it's sure as hell one big part of it.

H4CS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2007, 06:13:57 PM »
I don't like shutting up. And while class may not be the only disadvantage, it's sure as hell one big part of it.

So we're in agreement that you, like the OP, are an idiot.  Good.

idk10

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2007, 06:15:13 PM »
In recent years Jews did not experience any persecution in the great US of A.  So no advantage to you.  And for the record - you’re Caucasian.  (Unless you’re Sephardic, but that’s a different story.)
You don’t consider yourself Jewish and according to the Jewish law - you cant be 1/4 Jewish, you're either in or out.  And you are out.
Also, it seems like you aren’t that bright, so don’t want you in the tribe.  

Shalom!!

«ě»

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2007, 06:17:34 PM »

So we're in agreement that you, like the OP, are an idiot.  Good.

That's fine, but since you're not an idiot, why not enlighten me and explain what academic disadvantages a rich black kid faces that entitles them to easier entrance to higher education?

TeresaPinfold

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2007, 06:24:47 PM »
Academic institutions certainly considered Jews a separate group worthy of discrimination for a long time and it is very common for people who consider themselves Jews to be atheists. However, with that said, Jews are obviously overrepresented, and most of them aren't only 1/4, anyway.

JM26

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2007, 07:07:36 PM »
Vandy is one school that actively recruits jews. Undergrad - not sure of the law school.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0204/30/ltm.03.html

So are Emory and WUSTL according to this article.

HtownsFinest

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2007, 07:42:19 PM »
In recent years Jews did not experience any persecution in the great US of A.  So no advantage to you.

As recent as the 60s there were signs on public pools that read "No Coloreds, Jews, or Dogs."

«ě»

• Sr. Citizen
  • non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2007, 09:05:33 AM »
In recent years Jews did not experience any persecution in the great US of A.  So no advantage to you.

As recent as the 60s there were signs on public pools that read "No Coloreds, Jews, or Dogs."

Proof?

Anyway, this has nothing to do with being underrepresented in law school. If anything, jews is the most overrepresented minoroty in the history of law school.

HtownsFinest

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2007, 11:13:49 AM »
So they should be punished for being hard-working and intellectual curious?