Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PACE Class of 2010  (Read 1517 times)

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
PACE Class of 2010
« on: May 19, 2007, 06:32:58 PM »
Hey all,

Well, it looks like (for now), I'm going to Pace (unless there is substantial waitlist movement).  Who is with me?

OConnorScribe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: PACE Class of 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 02:41:34 PM »
I am, I am, I am. Same waitlist deal, though. But I'm proceeding as if Pace is the place for me.
Pace '10

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 04:14:22 PM »
Yay... nice to find a friend... Are you concerned about the ridiculous housing prices?  It looks like it might be cheaper to live in the city or brooklyn and commute...

What's your focus area?

dcollins

• Tina come get your ham
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 10:17:24 AM »
Score!  ;D  I'm in as well.  Just signed a lease for an apt in the Bronx/Riverdale.  I'll be driving to campus (15 min. I expect).  I think Brooklyn may be a hefty commute to White Plains though.  If you can find a place near 125th street, there's an express Metro North train that stops there.  Harlem's gotten pricey too, though. 

Are you attending the courses in June?
"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle."
"I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career."
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off."
- Gloria Steinem

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 11:10:36 AM »
Nope, not attending June classes...

I can't afford to attend any more classes than I already am going to be... And I'm working all summer...

I'm just worried about relocation expenses.  I might have to send my things home to my mother and only take what I absolutely need to school...  It looks like renting a U-haul from Florida will take almost 1,000 dollars... and I have no idea how to drive a U-haul...

Clare0729

• AOL Instant Messenger - clare02
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 04:52:52 PM »
Greetings, I am in part time division at Pace starting in the fall.  No June courses for me either.  I have a place in Stamford, CT where I'll be staying. 

dcollins

• Tina come get your ham
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 04:15:58 PM »
Greetings, I am in part time division at Pace starting in the fall.  No June courses for me either.  I have a place in Stamford, CT where I'll be staying. 

Hi Clare
Whats the commute like from Stamford?  I know a few people who live there and commute to work in Westchester and NYC.  Is there NYC transit there?
"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle."
"I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career."
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off."
- Gloria Steinem

papasmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 05:57:39 PM »
I live in Brooklyn now and i wouldn't consider commuting from there. Even with a car it's gonna be at least an hour commute.  Does anyone know anything about the dorms there? Or other housing in White Plains. I only know from looking at craigslist and it looks pretty expensive, like mostly about 1500 a month. 

Clare0729

• AOL Instant Messenger - clare02
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 10:56:04 AM »
Metro North Railroad does have a station here and its about 45 minutes on the express train to Grand Central, which I think is great.  Stamford is about 18 miles from Pace, I drove there last week and its about 22 minutes, but again I am in the evening division and am traveling against the rush hour traffic.  I would say it could take up to an hour if you wanted to travel from White Plains to Stamford between 4-7pm during the week.  Have not looked into if theres a train from Stamford to White Plains.

papasmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 03:59:32 PM »
Thanks for the info. Does anyone live in the Bronx? that would seem to be the closest and cheapest place to live to Pace.  How is your experience at Pace?