Law School Discussion

Need a little help. Apartments for Villanova.

Need a little help. Apartments for Villanova.
« on: May 19, 2007, 01:30:26 AM »
Ok, I was just able (waiting on financial aid) to make the final decision to attend Villanova, and suffice it to say i'm really happy about it, but now comes the apartment search and while I've been able to browse craigslist for a little while, I still don't know exactly where I should/shouldn't be looking. I'm also not sure about when to go looking for a place, since it doesn't appear that much of the selection currently availbable is open for leases beginning august 1st.  Should I wait, and go hunting later in the summer? Would there be anything left?  I'm willing to commute a little, 25-30 minutes even, but I've never really lived in a city/metro area the size of philadelphia.  So as you can see, I'm a little lost here, so to anyone with knowledge of the housing situation in the area, I'd love to hear from you. 

Re: Need a little help. Apartments for Villanova.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 10:31:52 AM »
I would personally love to live within the city, but it may be a bit too much (not to mention too much fun) to handle during your first year. The Villanova Law School website under "housing" has a list of apartments and condos that are frequented by law and graduate school students. Anything in Bryn Mawr, Radnor, Wayne, King of Prussia, Conshohoken is a good location at least for a 1L. My second year, I'll probably want to move to Manyunk which is younger and more hip.