Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Poll: Your favorite Founding Father  (Read 5733 times)

Letsgo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Poll: Your favorite Founding Father
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2007, 07:04:36 PM »
So who is "Letsgo" an alt for, anyway?

It is not an alt for anyone; I've been posting on the students & graduates board for a while and decided to post on this side.
Cardozo '09

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2007, 10:12:36 PM »
Also the 2nd Amendment was created during a time when it was needed.  At that time, the Second Amendment might have seemed like a good idea.  Basically you think its flawed because it doesn't conform with your views on the Second Amendment.

I'm not sure that the second amendment ever stopped being a good idea.

@#!* off scum.  The most aggressive and violent society on Earth does not need more guns. 

Yeah. Those violent f-ing guns! They're just running around willy-nilly shooting people!

Oh wait. They aren't. People are shooting people. Primarily with unregistered black-market weapons. Ooops.

Oh, and take a peek at some of them African countries... Mugabe's Zimbabwe, for example... How about the Middle East... Russia... We are not even CLOSE.

You seem like a very intelligent guy there Letsgo...  ::)

Look, at my 'tar idiot.

Why, is the dude in you 'tar not you?
VIP.

Letsgo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2007, 10:15:52 PM »
Also the 2nd Amendment was created during a time when it was needed.  At that time, the Second Amendment might have seemed like a good idea.  Basically you think its flawed because it doesn't conform with your views on the Second Amendment.

@#!* off scum.  The most aggressive and violent society on Earth does not need more guns. 

Yeah. Those violent f-ing guns! They're just running around willy-nilly shooting people!

Oh wait. They aren't. People are shooting people. Primarily with unregistered black-market weapons. Ooops.

Oh, and take a peek at some of them African countries... Mugabe's Zimbabwe, for example... How about the Middle East... Russia... We are not even CLOSE.

Look, at my 'tar idiot.

I am pointing out the fact that I am a woman, not a "dude".
Cardozo '09

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2007, 10:36:28 PM »

really... fooled me...
VIP.

attic4fp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2007, 10:43:06 PM »
So the qualification would be whether a tiny subset of the population of what, for all intents and purposes, was a different country (NY vs. VA) had raised an objection to a practice that had been continually used for thousands of years?

Look who's the moral relativist now.  This can't possibly be how you judge such an idea.  Rape, murder, confinement, and shunning have been used for thousands of years throughout the world to keep women down.  Can men in rural Pakistan say that honor killings are fine by the standards of their time because only a subset of a population of another country feels they aren't?  Does that suddenly change when a subset swings from 49% to 51%? 

Washington lacked the foresight, intelligence, and compassion of his abolitionist peers.  It's not like there was no way for him to have known better.  He just chose not to do the right thing.  I don't see what's so hard about this.

Furthermore, Hamilton grew up in the Caribbean, which was a region run on slavery.

Even further more, many northerners held slaves or supported slavery and many southerners were abolitionists.  For example, most slaves.

Sometimes, Northerners even grew up in slave-owning societies in the North, believed in slavery, owned slaves, then changed their minds and became abolitionists.  See, for example, Ezra Stiles.

Washington is one of the greatest Americans to ever live.  (He's my favorite all-time)  But he can be morally condemned for owning slaves.

Anyway who says otherwise thinks Thomas is stupid

Letsgo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2007, 11:28:03 PM »

Look, at my 'tar idiot.

Maybe you should find a better picture, then.

LOL.  Ok.
Cardozo '09

John Blackthorne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2007, 11:29:27 PM »

Look, at my 'tar idiot.

LOL.  Ok.

I think you're cute if thats really you in your avatar, fwiw.
"I only eat inorganic foods. If it doesn't contain molybdenum or something from the noble gases, I'm just not interested"-- Lyle McDonald

Letsgo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2007, 11:37:45 PM »

Look, at my 'tar idiot.

LOL.  Ok.

I think you're cute if thats really you in your avatar, fwiw.

Haha, this would be me; I'm not sure why I would make a picture of a woman who is not myself (who supposedly looks like a man) as my avatar.  Anyway, thank you for the compliment :)   
Cardozo '09

harrinpe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2007, 01:38:26 AM »

I think that Lee Marvin was the greatest American ever to live.

And if you don't agree with that statement, then it's probably because you hate America...

attic4fp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2007, 10:23:09 AM »
Furthermore, Hamilton grew up in the Caribbean, which was a region run on slavery.
?
ever been on a cruize ship?

No.  I neverr wun a speling be iether.

I suspect those two things will conspire to prevent me from getting into a good law school.