Law School Discussion

Poll: Your favorite Founding Father

H4CS

• View Profile
Re: Poll: Your favorite Founding Father
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2007, 11:51:46 PM »
Dude's thick, for sure.

He's a subtle Cornell troll, I just can't figure out how.

t...

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2007, 11:53:47 PM »
:D

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2007, 05:21:01 AM »
Oh, and take a peek at some of them African countries... Mugabe's Zimbabwe, for example... How about the Middle East... Russia... We are not even CLOSE.

You seem like a very intelligent guy there Letsgo...  ::)

Kinda sad to see which countries you choose, or perhaps have to, compare yourself to in order to make this point. How about comparing yourself to civilized, industrialized countries instead of 3rd world dictatorships?

Elephant Lee

• Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2007, 06:09:03 AM »
It was wrong by the moral standards of his day as well.

So the qualification would be whether a tiny subset of the population of what, for all intents and purposes, was a different country (NY vs. VA) had raised an objection to a practice that had been continually used for thousands of years?
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever"

Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2007, 07:55:39 AM »
Oh, and take a peek at some of them African countries... Mugabe's Zimbabwe, for example... How about the Middle East... Russia... We are not even CLOSE.

Kinda sad to see which countries you choose, or perhaps have to, compare yourself to in order to make this point. How about comparing yourself to civilized, industrialized countries instead of 3rd world dictatorships?

I was responding to someone who referred to the US as THE MOST VIOLENT/AGRESSIVE country, without any qualifier regarding level of industry. Since the person I was responding to was basically comparing us to all other countries, I did too, and I picked the most egregious example.

Trust me though, the "first-world" countries aren't too much better, we just go about it differently.

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2007, 08:30:26 AM »
I'd say they are quite a lot better in that one regard actually.

« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2007, 03:08:18 PM »
This is an interesting idea, that I must be racist because I find a black Supreme Court Justice to be unimpressive.

How far can this be taken?

Do you support Bill Richardson for President?  By all accounts, he has been a fine Governor of New Mexico.  So if not, you must hate hispanics, right?

But wait, what about Obama?  Do you support him?  The guy is a political superstar after all.  So if you don't support him, you must hate blacks.

So what is it?  Do you hate blacks, hispanics, or both?

::)

H4CS

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2007, 03:16:47 PM »
Do you find them articulate and clean?

« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2007, 03:59:11 PM »
This is an interesting idea, that I must be racist because I find a black Supreme Court Justice to be unimpressive.

That's not the idea.  Stop being deliberately retarded.

Why do you hate the mentally handicapped?   :(

Letsgo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2007, 04:03:39 PM »
Also the 2nd Amendment was created during a time when it was needed.  At that time, the Second Amendment might have seemed like a good idea.  Basically you think its flawed because it doesn't conform with your views on the Second Amendment.

I'm not sure that the second amendment ever stopped being a good idea.

@#!* off scum.  The most aggressive and violent society on Earth does not need more guns. 

Yeah. Those violent f-ing guns! They're just running around willy-nilly shooting people!

Oh wait. They aren't. People are shooting people. Primarily with unregistered black-market weapons. Ooops.

Look, at my 'tar idiot.