I'm still haven't heard anything...I did email the admissions office last week and got this reply.
"This week they did offer a few seats to the waitlist (I believe it was 4). I am not sure if any of them have responded to accept the offer.
If these people do not accept the offer, I would guess that we go to the waiting list again in a couple of weeks. It also depends on how many current admitted students decide to drop out of the class at this point."
So I guess they are using the waitlist, just very sparingly. I can't decide whether or not to stay on the waitlist anymore...if not Iowa, I'm pretty much set on going to Kent...